Guinness Nigeria Plc – We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Type of Job Full Time – Exempt
External Job Description
Job Title: Treasury Banking Manager
Level: L6 (M3)
Reports To: Treasury Manager Operations
Purpose of role:
• Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with Guinness Nigeria’s banks
• Ensure bank balances are within Diageo limit at all times
• Ensure accuracy of interest income and expense monthly
• Prompt and regular follow up of transactions with all banks
• Ensure bank account signatories are up to date and bank confirmation is done on a quarterly basis
• Ensure prompt change of bank signatories as and when the need arises with proper approval of the Board
• Ensure Treasury ledgers are up to date
• Monthly reconciliation of investments, leasing, and unclaimed dividend
• Revenue assurance (reconcile customers SAP accounts payment run versus credit in bank statement)
• Reconciliation of Order to Cash (OTC) daily payment runs with credit in bank statement (Revenue Assurance)
• Verification and reconciliation of banking transactions in bank statements with specific reference to bank charges, Commission on Turnover (COT) and others and ensure recovery of excessive charges and Commission on Turnover (COT) by banks on all Guinness Nigeria’s bank accounts
• Estimating interest expense and income for each month for posting
• Provide appropriate Bank Administration Institute (BAI) Codes for manual statement upload by the Manilla team
• Ensure regular electronic sweeping of funds from collecting banks to the single banking partner for payments
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
• Graduate calibre with a degree in Accounting or any other related field; non-accounting graduates will require professional qualification in Accounting.
• Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience gained within a Finance function of an FMCG or Bank
• Proven ability: good team player / strategic thinking
• Ability to learn fast and adapt to a new experience.
• Able to demonstrate success in carrying out key assignments.
• Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the Organisation & People Agenda.
• Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
• Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
• Excellent coaching and relationship building skills.
• Sound IT knowledge in the use of Microsoft office (Excel, word and power point).
• Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP
• Good communication skill
Barriers to Success in Role
• Inability to reconcile and ensure that the banks refund Guinness Nigeria with excess charges and Commission on Turnover (COT), where applicable.
• Inability to effectively manage cash balances in all Guinness Nigeria‘s bank accounts.
• Inability to learn fast, adapt to a new, flexible role as well as manage relationships with varied stakeholders.
• Lagos based with limited travel within Nigeria