Asia Town Nigeria: A high- class modern restaurant and event center; Asia Town is the perfect hangout venue for lunches, dinners, after work meetings and chill outs.
The venue also creates a show-stopping setting for all type of events and can host up to 500 people.
Asia Town opened to the public on 12/12/12
Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Restaurant manager ensures that restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the reputation and ethos. He must coordinate a variety of activities, and is responsible for the business performance of the restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety.
The position combines strategic planning, shift pattern organization and day-to-day management activities.
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
- Planning and coordinating menus.
- Organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Organizing and planning for private events at the premises or outside the premises
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company’s internal procedures.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organizing and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate
- Follow up on maintenance & repairs of restaurant premises & equipments
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Available to start as of 1st of May 2013
Desired Skills & Characteristics
- Trustworthy/ loyal (cash business)
- Strong planning and organizational skills, able to multi task & prioritize
- Problem Solving ability/Handles crisis management & improvise
- Ability to work independently
- Team builder/ mentoring
- Number oriented (is in control of purchasing, sales…)
- Strong character (Tough environment, though people)
- Diversity/ multicultural adaptability
- Diplomatic (customer management)/ hospitality
- Computer efficiency (reports, POS…)
- Accounting knowledge
- Attention to details (high-end place)
For more details, check out:
Asia Town Facebook page & @AsiaTownNigeria twitter account