The School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos, invites application from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into Full-Time, Part-Time and Sandwich Postgraduate programmes of the University leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters Degrees by Coursework, Professional Masters Degrees. Master of Philosophy Degrees and Doctor of Philosophy Degrees in the 2013/2014 Session.
Admission to Postgraduate Programme 2013/2014
1. ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS / MASTERS BY COURSEWORK
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
- A holder of an honours degree of this University or any other recognized Institution;
- A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
- (i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or their current Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
- All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on any of the below links to view the requirements for your programme of choice.
Click here for Postgraduate Diplomas Eligibility
Click here for Masters by Coursework Eligibility
Click here for Professional Masters Programmes Eligibility
2. ELIGIBILITY FOR M.PHIL / PH.D PROGRAMME
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
- A candidate who has a Bachelor’s degree from this University or other University recognized by the University of Lagos Senate with at least a Second Class (Upper Division), or a Master’s degree may be admitted for the degree of a Masters of Philosophy.
- The candidate with a Master’s degree must have a CGPA of at least 2.50 in the grading system in use before 1990/1991 and at least 3.50 in the grading system after the 1990/1991 session.
- Candidates should note that admission to the M.Phil/P.hD. programmes is subject to availability of supervisors.
- The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- A graduate of this University or any other University recognized by the University of Lagos Senate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Philosophy may be admitted as a candidate for the Doctor of Philosophy.
- Or a graduate of this University or other recognised University who has obtained an appropriate Masters degree by coursework with a CGPA of at least 2.79 in the grading system in use before 1990/91 or at least, 4.0 in the grading system after the 1990/1991 session.
- For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
- Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying. (v) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester
- All candidates for M. Phil./Ph.D. admissions are to provide TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on the below link to view the requirements for your programme of choice.
Click here for M.Phil / Ph.D Programmes Eligibility
Application Closing Date
Sale of Application Forms commences on Wednesday May 22,2013 and ends on Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should visit the School of Postgraduate Studies website (www.unilagspgs.edu.ng). Click on the “2013/2014 Application” for full information on the Application.
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted online not later than Wednesday, July 17, 2013.
- Application Form fee: N22,500 (Twenty-Two Thousand, Five, Hundred Naira only) .
- Payment can be made through any branch of the designated banks below:
i. ACCESS BANK Plc
iii.FIRST BANK Plc
iv.GUARANTY TRUST BANK Plc
v.UNION BANK Plc
vi.UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA Plc
vii.WEMA BANK Plc
viii.ZENITH BANK PLC
Kindly note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read carefully the requirements for their desired programmes to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results, Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload all certificates listed in the application form. such as:
Degree Certificates/Statement of Results
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
- All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant department for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying,
- Please check for the dates of Qualifying Examinations/interviews at the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies Website www.unilagspgs.edu.ng.
- Applicants will be required to print the completed Application Form and Photo Card. These will be required for submission at the examination/interview venue.
- Candidates are required to LAMINATE their Photo Card after printing.
For further information, please contact:
Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary,
School of Postgraduate Studies,
University of Lagos, Yaba,
Lagos. Tel. No. 01-8902566 or 01-7403307.
Email: [email protected]