Everyone I know wants to be happy and feel good, yet it’s impossible if what we think about most isn’t congruent with what we desire deep within. How often do you find yourself putting yourself down for simple mistakes you made or saying something derogatory to yourself when you look at yourself in a mirror?
Having ongoing, critical inner-dialog creates a clash between your mind and body. Your body is a mirror of your thoughts, feelings and emotions. When you think poorly about your life or your body it increases cravings for junk foods and instigates self-sabotaging behavior that keeps you from living as you long to be.
If you find that you are constantly putting yourself down, below are 10 simple ways to help you shift from contentious feelings within to having loving, positive feelings that help you become who you desire to be.
1. Express Self-Love: Each time you look in the mirror look into your eyes and say, “I love you.” Expressing your self-love is empowering. It opens your heart to believing in yourself more fully. Don’t worry if it doesn’t come naturally at first. Keep practicing and soon you’ll be able to say those three words to yourself, and mean them, too.
2. Forgive Yourself: Do you know anyone who hasn’t made a mistake or who doesn’t wish they made a better choice? I’ll answer that for you: no. Our mistakes help us learn what it is we want to be, do or have to help us expand our lives to become our magnificent selves. Do yourself a huge favor and forgive yourself here and now.
3. Smile and Laugh Often: The power of a smile goes a long, long way. It lifts your spirits, brings a sense of happiness to others around you and brings out your inner beauty, which glows radiantly from you. Be light hearted, don’t take life so seriously and laugh often. Spend time with loved ones who make you laugh out loud.
4. Have a Personal Motto: Mottos are a reminder to stay positive. Have a motto in the present tense that expresses your desired end result. Repeat your motto throughout the day and when you see evidence that your desires are coming to fruition always give thanks and relish in that which has manifested.
5. Make YOU a High Priority: Make you a high priority by caring for yourself as you deserve to be cared for. Treat yourself with the utmost respect and love. Show your body how much you care for it by nourishing it with wholesome foods and exercise regularly.
6. Wear Flattering Clothes: Dress for success! When you wear clothes that complement your figure and fit correctly it raises your self-confidence. Wear clothes that uplift your spirit, wear colors that bring out your skin tone and eyes. You can always see how people think of themselves by the way they dress.
7. Take Pride in Your Accomplishments: When you acknowledge your accomplishments—no matter how small—you are supporting your dreams and higher beliefs. Be sure to only share your exciting news with those who support and uplift you. Negative people will steal your enthusiasm for life, leaving you emotionally stressed out and will cause self-doubt.
8. Pamper Yourself with TLC: Make time to pamper yourself and take some serious R&R each day. Showing yourself tender, loving care makes you feel refreshed and results in more inner-peace, which keeps inner battles between your mind and body at bay. When you fail to put you first you fail to respect the larger part of you, which causes distress and unwanted feelings within.
9. Be Positive: You attract what you are, so if you want positive people around you then be positive. Let go of energy-sucking friends who drain your beautiful life-giving energy. Surround yourself with positive, uplifting family and friends who also have big dreams and love to share joy in life. Be the kind of friend you want to have. Choose to be positive and in turn your close friends will be more positive too.
10. Dream Big: Don’t be afraid to dream big dreams! Your mind is the key to expansion and enlightenment. If you remain unwilling to dream you will not live your truth and that’s not a fun way to live. Believing in your dreams opens the magic of imagination and creation.