The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company, (AEDC) the electric power distribution company for the FCT, Niger, Kogi and Nassarawa States, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates. The applicants must be innovative, dynamic and sufficiently experienced in any of the following area:
Job Position: IT Network Engineer
- The primary function of this job is to provide corporate IT network infrastructure and services that support diverse Company operations.
As an IT Network Engineer, the candidate will be expected to:-
- Plan and implement LAN/WAN infrastructure including Cloud computing
- Establish/Configure communication to IP-enabled devices, maintain computing systems hardware/software. Formulate and implement strategies for monitoring Network performance
- Resource and carry out execution of IT network-related projects within AEDC.
- Implement workstation hardware and software security
- Provide specialized support to an active user base with LAN/WAN based and PC based business solutions
The candidate should have:
- A minimum of Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology, or Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, with a minimum of eight (8) years relevant working experience.
- Analytical and strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- The candidate should have a minimum of five (5) years of practicing.
- CCNP (Routing & Switching) with hands-on is essential
- MCSE certification would bean advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Wire/Wireless LAN/WAN and Cloud computing
- Experience of supporting an active user with LAN/WAN based and PC based business solutions
- Vast knowledge of Workstations Operating Systems especially Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Server Operating systems (Server 2008 or later)
- Knowledge and experience in the installation of various client operating systems and applications.
- Hands-on experience in PC installation, repair.
- A self-starter with “can do” attitude, efficient, result-oriented and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Not older than 38 years.
- Must be research-oriented.
Application Deadline: 24th January, 2014. (17:00hrs GMT)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application including three referees, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, and photo ID to: [email protected] stating the subject of your email exactly as; IT Network Engineer and addressed to;
The CEO/MD, Abuja Electricity Distribution Company,
1 Ziquinchor Street,
Wuse Zone 4,
- Email size should not exceed 8MB and only emailed applications will be accepted.
- All certificates will be verified.