Davido Bought His “Aye” Song From Runtown

davido-aye1

Runtown is an upcoming act with an impressive (and small) tracklist and was featured prominently on Wizzy Pro’s ‘Emergency’ featuring Patoranking and Skales.

His latest single ‘Gallardo’ featuring Davido is a sure hit. Runtown is also signed to Penthauze, home to Phyno.

According to sources close to Runtown, this promising act wrote ‘Aye’. As a matter of fact, ‘Aye’ was originally his; when Davido heard the song, he persuaded Runtown to sell the song to him, which he did.

Reports say that Davido also wanted to buy ‘Gallardo’, but Runtown refused, Instead Davido got featured on the track.

This totally makes sense. I’ve always wondered why the word ‘emergency’ was in the track; I guess Runtown was leaving his artistic DNA on the song. By the way, Runtown was in the ‘Aye’ video.

• Racheal says:

Davido u need 2 start writing ur own song cose u buying AYE is something else,is just lik u takin candy from a baby

• elvis says:

any body can buy songs,even micheal jackson bought in his days,sail on davido

• PaRiS says:

That explains why its a huge hit .. I was suprise for Davido.. I thought he had improved, well Runtown is sooo AMAZiNG!! :) :D#TeamRuntown

• nancy says:

• nancy says:

So that runtown don’t want to be famous???and then ppl are gonna say davido is better than wizkid ayo balugun u the best hun

• HARRISON says:

Runtown I know is a good song writer he can also Draw anything sees. so, selling one or more music is good and is given he more money. Davido is also a good writer. One day Runtown may ,buy from him. those two are good frnds keep out

• Marviz Airbase SkyStar says:

Rapping is what I do…may God bless the writer and the singer…is not easy in musical game…Omo Baba Lowo is a guy I so much admire…the boy is humble to the core…I love Davido…I’m still on the street looking for a shoulder to help out…!