THERE was confusion, midweek, at the national secretariat of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as the former Political Adviser to former President Goodkuck Jonathan, Alhaji Ahmed Gulak, stormed the secretariat with his supporters and declared himself the national chairman of the party. In light of this, INFORMATION NIGERIA has put together 7 reactions that is currently trailing his action.
1. Alhaji Yusuf Agade Ayitogo, National vice chairman north central described Gulak as a fifth columnist working for the All Progressives Congress, APC, to cause confusion in the party
2. The PDP NWC described the action as shocking and a taboo that was unacceptable
3. PDP National Legal Adviser, Mr Victor Kwon, dismissed Gulak’s claims but urged him to go and lobby if he wanted to be chairman.
4. PDP deputy National publicity secretary, Abdullahi Jalo, Kwon who noted that the court ruling cited by Gulak, yesterday, was not mentioned at all, said the party did not receive any hearing notice that the application came up today.
5. PDP National legal adviser admitted that the High Court judgement that favored Gulak called for the party to appoint a person from North East within 14 days, adding that the decision did not mandate PDP to appoint Gulak as chairman.
6. Meanwhile, 24 ex-officio members of PDP National Executive Committee, NEC, yesterday, distanced themselves from a ploy by Gulak to take over the chairmanship of the party.
7. Ekpenyong, who was mentioned by Gulak as a member of the committee he has set up to look after the affair of the party,reprimanded him for attempting to divide the party, adding that he is not a party to any of Gulak’s action.