Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to former President Goodluck Jonathan, Doyin Okupe in an interview with Punch Newspaper said that recent happenings like the arrest of Olisa Metuh, National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, is making President Buhari lose respect. INFORMATION NIGERIA having analyzed the interview brings you the 6 reasons why Okupe made this assertion…
– With the hounding of opposition members, he is losing respect in the eyes of the international community
– According to Okupe, Buhari’s ‘selective’ probe is eroding his integrity.
– By arresting Metuh, Buhari is trying to dabble into or control the finances of the PDP, as party finances for which Metuh is being probed is not the business of the government.
– Okupe says the PDP spent billions of naira to fund its campaigns in the media just exactly the same way the APC spent theirs, so probing members of the opposition PDP based on that is eroding Buhari of his public respect.
– Okupe says since the former National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, cannot deny that he didn’t collect money for campaigns during the last elections, therefore Olisa Metuh shouldn’t be asked the same.
– As long as the Federal Government is not asking questions on the sources of the APC’s campaign funds, the PDP shouldn’t be asked the same.
Do you agree???