Gbolahan Obanikoro, son of the former Minister of State for Defense and Foreign Affairs, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro in an interview with Vanguard recently, denied allegations against in, with regards to the N4.75billion, he was said to have received from the embattled former National Security Adviser, NSA, Col Sambo Dasuki (retd). According to him, the Obanikoro name is the envy of many from political opponents of his father and brother, therefore he isn’t surprised about the allegation. INFORMATION NIGERIA has put together in this piece 5 things Gbolahan wants you to know…
– That he wasn’t a director at Sylvan McNamara Ltd and signatory to the Diamond account which allegedly received the sum of N4.75B from the office of the NSA.
– That his involvement with the company ended as far back as 2013 before all these incidents and before his father was appointed a Minister
– That contrary to EFCC’s investigation which claimed he (Gbolahan Obanikoro) bought a house in 2014 from the funds transferred to Sylvan McNamara, he bought a house in the US with money he acquired from successfully running a business in the private sector not politics.
– That he can challenge anyone to come forth with any evidence linking him as a signatory to the account.
– On the implication of the allegation, he said as a young business man these types of unguarded allegations and press have undesirable implications on one’s business.
Do you believe him???