Speaking with Punch Newspaper recently, HRM Eze Israel Okwu Kanu, the traditional ruler of Isiama Afara, a community in Umuahia, Abia State, and Nnamdi Kanu’s father revealed a lot of things many people probably never knew about the embattled Director of Radio Biafra. INFORMATION NIGERIA in this piece brings you the 7 things revealed by the father of the Indigenous People of Biafra boss…
– Nnamdi Kanu didn’t finish his studies at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, due to delays occasioned by incessant strikes by the university’s academic and non-academic staff, he later left for Europe to complete his studies.
– Kanu is the first of 5 children (three sons and two daughters).
– He has always had an interest in history and current affairs, hence his struggle for the actualisation of Biafra.
– He is a man of few words but abhors injustice and did not like to see a fellow human being victimised.
– Apart from his interest in history, another reason that informed his quest for the state of Biafra was because he didn’t like the way Ralph Uwazuruike (former leader of the Movement for the Actualisation of Biafra) was running MASSOB then. Kanu felt Uwazuruike was amassing wealth for himself while his members wallowed in poverty.
– This is not the first time he has been arrested by authorities for his the pro-Biafra struggle.
– Regardless of everything that has happened, Nnamdi Kanu’s father is very proud of him.
What do you think???