Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place.
The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
Job Title: Director Incubation
Location: Yaba, Lagos
- Co-creation Hub seeks an experienced entrepreneur with incredible people management skills to join our team to support the next generation of entrepreneurs entering our Incubation program.
- The Director Incubation will be the prime interface for entrepreneurs and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and development of CcHUB’s Incubation Office.
- This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent marketing skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability.
- Vet and support the selection of ventures to join the CcHUB Incubation portfolio
- Overall planning of the activities, resources, budgets and operations of the Incubation Office
- Deal Flow generation, Screening of ideas, Research, working with idea proponents to build and launch their Minimum Viable Products
- Lead formation of new business and provide incubation facilities to enable commercialization of the ventures.
- To induct new entrepreneurs; create Incubation plans and implement them, keep track of the Incubation process; support business development efforts of ventures, etc.
- Develop the mentor network for the Incubator and work with them to make ventures successful.
- Actively engage in activities to help accelerate ventures through marketing and partnerships
- Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to ventures or the incubator; marketing the incubator, sponsorship etc. Liaison with the government and industries
- Work with other units within CcHUB to provide adequate support to ventures in the portfolio
Market the Incubator and Business Development:
- Be the face of the Incubator and actively promote it through various channels etc
Fund for ventures:
- Work with co-ordination with senior management to administer seed funds for start-ups.
- Prepare ventures for follow-on seed funding/support
- Build and Manage the Incubation team
- Prepare all required reports and maintain a comprehensive set of records on all venture activities
- Administer the Incubation Office and any other activities, which requires the manager’s involvement
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is desirable
- Up to 7 years experience in a business incubator, accelerator, start-up advisory or any kind of tech entrepreneurial experience
- Previous experience running a start-up is desirable
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft applications
- Should have excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong knowledge of the technology ecosystem in Nigeria
- Self-motivated, thrive in leading a small team given lots of responsibilities.
- Ability to think-through and develop positive user experiences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and a motivation letter to: c[email protected]