Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – The Endowment Management committee (EMC) of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, hereby announces that the position of the PTDF Chair in chemical Engineering, ABU, will soon be vacant, In accordance with the provisions of the Endowment Trust Deed between the PTDF and ABU, the EMC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates with cognate experience in:
- The development of zeolites/catalysts for petroleum refining and manufacture of petrochemicals; and
Applications invites from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of:
Petroleum Technology Development Fund Chair in Chemical Engineering
- The Chair in Chemical Engineering was endowed in the Department of Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in August, 1998 by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund, Abuja. However, the Chair was inaugurated on 20th December, 2002 and took off on 1st September, 2003.
- The Chair has extensively worked on the development of Zeolites from Kaolin for catalytic and other processing purposes of oil and gas.
The Candidate Must:
- Be a distinguished Chemical Engineering Professor or academic/industrialist appointable as Professor of Chemical Engineering with a proven track record of scholarship and management generally, but with bias in the development of zeolites/catalysts and applications for petroleum refining and manufacture of petrochemicals;
- Be a scholar of outstanding national and international repute to be able to attract linkage with local and international oil and gas agencies;
- Be, in addition to research, able to teach relevant courses in Chemical Engineering at undergraduate and graduate levels as well as carry out other academic duties as may be assigned by the University;
- Be of high integrity and strong moral character to inspire and maintain a conducive atmosphere for research and development among staff and students without discrimination;
- Have good understanding of the vision and mission of the PTDF Chair in Chemical Engineering; and
- Not have attained the age of 60 years at the time of assumption of duty.
- The appointment will be for a three (3) – year period in the first instance and renewable for another two (2) years based on performance.
Method of Application
Applicants are requested to note and comply with the following conditions in writing their applications:
- Each application (20 copies) should be accompanied by 20 copies of the candidates detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated by the candidate.
- The Curriculum Vitae must contain:
- Candidate’s name in full,
- Place and date of birth,
- Marital status,
- Names and ages of children,
- Academic qualifications (degrees with classes, copies of certificates to be enclosed), teaching, research, administrative and managerial experience, academic and professional bodies, scholarly publications with particular reference to the area of research defined earlier;
- A statement of his/her own vision of the Chair in Chemical Engineering with reference to the area of research defined earlier (20 copies);
- Candidates must nominate three (3) referees who are to forward references on them directly to the Registrar and Secretary to the PTDF Endowment Management Committee, such references must be received and signed for in the Office of the Registrar;
- All short-listed candidates may be required to make themselves available for interaction at a later date.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in envelopes and marked at the upper left hand corner “Post of PTDF Chair in Chemical Engineering” to reach:
The Registrar and Secretary to PTDF Endowment Management Committee,
Ahmadu Bello University,