Man Gets Electrocuted In Ondo State

electric-pole

A man who has now been identified as Adeyemi Ogunleye was electrocuted on Saturday during a sanitation exercise in Akure, Ondo State.

The man who happens to be an electrician was said to have been trying to repair a faulty cable supplying power to his residence.

Neighbours said the man climbed a ladder to the top of a shop in front of his residence to repair a cable, then got electrocuted while making the attempt. The man got a shock and dropped on the roof flat.

An eyewitness said the man is known in the neighbourhood to repair faulty cables.

Fire service men were called to rescue the man but the man had died before their arrival.

The fire service men were said to have refused to bring down the corpse from the shop’s rooftop.

The corpse of the man was later brought down by the people around after cutting off the cable from the pole.

The Police Public Relations Officer for the Ondo State Command, Mr. Femi Joseph said the man tried to carry out an illegal connection.

He said the command had begun investigation into the incident.

Tags from the story
Akure, electrocution, Ondo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *