Saturday , 16 December 2017

Two schoolboys die after drinking acid they mistook for fruit juice (photo)

Two young boys in India have died at a birthday party after drinking a bottle of sulphuric acid they thought was fruit juice.

The boys died in agony after the horrifying mistake in Banglaore, southern India.

Aryan Singh, 9, was with his best friend Sahil Sankar, as they celebrated Sahil’s eight birthday.

After having food, the boys happened to see a liquid stored in a glass bottle. Presuming the liquid to be a cold drink, the duo reportedly consumed it.

After swigging the contents, however, they collapsed in pain and died – doctors confirmed they had died from poisoning.

It emerged that Sahil’s father is a goldsmith, who had reportedly stored the acid in an old fruit juice bottle at his home.

The acid was said to be used in his workshop to help melt gold and other precious metals.

A city police spokesman told local media:

“It was Sahil’s birthday today. His father had kept the acid in the juice bottle. Thinking it was juice, the boys drank it.”

Get Our Top Stories Everyday, Enter Your Email Address:

Check Also

Police arrest 86-year-old woman for robbery

Police in Philadelphia, U.S., have arrested an 86-year-old woman for an attempted robbery after she …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Notice: Undefined index: enable_manual_switch_in_footer in /home2/informng/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mobile-smart/mobile-smart.php on line 946