It was a pathetic scene to watch as a vehicle conveying goods in Osun State, South-western part of Nigeria was razed in broad daylight.
Road users and passersby who witnessed the burning of a commercial vehicle (Korope) in front of the National Open University of Nigeria centre in Osogbo yesterday broke down in tears resorted after their efforts to quench the inferno that engulfed the vehicle were fruitless.
It was gathered that the fire was as a result of overloading of local sponge which has rested on the silencer of the vehicle. The heat that accumulated from the exhaust later got fire and led to an uncontrollable outbreak.
Efforts were made by several individuals to quench the inferno but the dryness of the load proved their efforts fruitless and the whole vehicle burn down completely.
It took the service of the Osun Fire Fighters before the situation was brought under control, albeit the motor has burnt to ashes. The driver of the vehicle could not be consoled as he sobbed saying that he was not the owner of the burnt vehicle.
The situation of the passenger whose goods burnt completely was the same. But no life was lost to the sudden fire outbreak that caught the attention of crowd.
Ad ==> LEARN How A Young Unemployed Graduate Makes 235K Monthly Online Legally, In This Recession Period. Click Here!