I have been ashamed to admit that until recently, I never knew the difference between Toning and bleaching. That’s why like a whole lot of “ignorant” people, I always felt the same disgust for toning creams and soap as I had for bleaching creams, soaps and the like. Little did I know that to have beautiful skin, a regime that includes cleansing, toning and moisturizing is in order. But first; what is toning? Toning is a measure that is taken to ensure that the skin tone is evened out as well as tight. While bleaching on the other hand is a different issue all together.
Many people say that they tone to fade discoloration and correct hyper-pigmentation. But it might just be what the skin needs to come alive. So, for those who are confused, here are a few pointers:
- Toning involves using washers and lotions as well as serums to cleanse the skin.
- Toning shrinks pores.They also help shrink pores.
- Toning (based on dermatologist’s prescription) evens out uneven skin tone, corrects dark spots, discolorations and so on.
- Toning is actually part of a skin cleansing process because it benefits the skin.
- Toning gets rid of dead skin cells and reveals clearer, cleaner and fresher skin.
- Toning brightens dull skin as well.