From Naijaloft The British Council connects people worldwide with learning opportunities and creative ideas from the UK and builds lasting relationships between the UK and other countries.
The Africa Knowledge Transfer Partnership (AKTP) is among the world’s leading initiatives helping businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity through the better use of knowledge, technology and expertise that reside within the Institution of Higher Learning knowledge base.
To achieve this, British Council engages with various stakeholders ranging from government, donors, universities, research institutions and other private sector clients to support the transfer of knowledge to the companies.
British council nigeria Job aim
* You will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development and transferring knowledge between the business and the university. You will be responsible for the delivery of all project work:
* To work within a company to deliver the programme, meeting all corporate project management standards.
To ensure progressive reporting at all times to all programme stake holders.
* To effectively monitor and evaluate all project activity.
AKTPYakasai: The main focus of the project is to conduct proximate analysis of different varieties of groundnut for optimal capability and with the least negative features.
The ideal British council nigeria candidate:
* A BSc. In Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Applied Biology.
* Experience of practical work in any of the above mentioned disciplines or in a food industry will be an added advantage.
* Practical project management experience is not essential but would be an added advantage.
* Excellent communication skills.
* High Level of numeracy.
* Focus on quality, precision, and punctual delivery of results.
* Excellent reporting skills.
* Very good working knowledge of computers.
* This post is based in Kano.
* Project duration is 2 years.
To apply for this post, you will need to read through the AKTP Associate Specification for applicants, and complete the application form.
Please note, no CV applications will be processed, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.