Promasidor holds a leading position in the powdered milk market with its Cowbell Milk brand, which has found its way into the hearts and homes of thousands of consumers.
Promasidor is seeking the services of a talented, resourceful and experienced person to fill the under-listed vacancy in our Organization: ICT- Programmer, Reports to Coordinator – ICT Programming
* Responsible for developing and enhancing business system in order to ensure they function more efficiently.
* Understand business goals and needs in order to translate functional specification into technical specification and application functionality
* Develop new customised [portion of] business system or make changes to existing ones by researching, designing and writing with program codes that adhere to PNG standard programming procedures and meeting functional specification
* Fix bugs in previously customised solutions] document codes for fixes using available tools. Adhere to version control and upgrade standards
* Assist in resolving system problems as assigned by the development supervisor
* Resolve issues taking into consideration priorities, severity. etc.
* Work with other developers [internal and external] in finding the most efficient solutions to the system issues.
* Develop customised reports /enhanced existing reports using available development tools
* Test the report to ensure accuracy and functional requirement compliance.
* Knowledge of standard programming process
* Eagerness and ability to learn apply and retain new skills
* Attention to details
* Willingness to follow procedures
* Professional and effective communication skills [with technical and non -technical skills]
* Responsibility for own work
B.sc (minimum second class lower) HND (minimum lower credit) in computer science, information technology, electrical electronics engineering or other related course.
Minimum of 3 years programming experience preferably in C or Pascal. Not more than 30 years
All interested applicants should apply as follows
* Complete the table below in the EXACT same format using Microsoft Excel
* In the subject of the mail applicants should please quote only their full names, and the reference number of the position applied for e.g. Robert Yusuf Odewale OETMECH0309
* Failure to do so may result in your application not being processed
* Applicants must attach their resume (Microsoft Word format) and the duly completed table (Microsoft Excel format)
* Forward all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 1st September, 2009. Click here to get the promasidor excel format