University Of Lagos (UNILAG) 2011/2012 Post Graduate Studies Application Details Are Out, Click Here For Details
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, NIGERIA
SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES 2009/2010 SESSION
The Human Resources Development Board (HRDB) of the University of Lagos, on behalf of the School of Postgraduate Studies, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into postgraduate programmes of the University leading to the award of Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters degrees by Coursework, Master of Philosophy degrees and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in the 2009/2010 Session.
1. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS
2. MASTERS DEGREES BY COURSEWORK
3. EXECUTIVE/PART-TIME PROGRAMMES
4. MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY(M.PHIL) / DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (P.HD)
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil/Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Qualifying Examinations for entry into the Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes respectively will be held in some Departments of the University of Lagos, Main Campus, and the College of Medicine, Idi-Araba as scheduled below:
Note: Direct admission to postgraduate programmes for qualified International candidates
Saturday 9th May, 2009
(1) M.B.A Executive
Wednesday, 3rd June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Psychology and Masters in Managerial Psychology (MMP)
(2) M.Sc. Political Science
(3) M.P.A. Master of Public Administration – Full Time and Executive
(4) M.Sc. Geography
(5) M.Sc. Sociology
(6) M.Sc. & P.G.D. Mass Communication
(7) MGIS Master of Geographic Information System
(8 Master in Transport Management and Planning
(9) M.Sc. & PGD Economics
Thursday, 4th June, 2009
(1) MILD Master in International Law and Diplomacy
(3) MHRS Masters degree in Humanitarian and Refugee Studies
(4) PGD and M.A in Theatre Arts, Visual Arts and Music
(5) M.A. French
(6) M.A. English (Language and Literature)
(7) M.A. Igbo, Yoruba
(8 M.A. History and Strategic Studies
(9) PGD and M.A. Philosophy.
Friday, 5th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Operations Research, Operations and Production Management and Organisational Behaviour
(2) M.Sc. Finance & MBF
(3) M.Sc. Accounting, PGD’Accounting
(4) M.Sc. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management & MILR
(5) M.Sc. Actuarial Science
Saturday, 6th June, 2009
(1) MPIA Master in Public and International Affairs.
Monday, 8th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Anatomy
(2) M.Sc, Pharmacology
(3) M.Sc. Biochemistry
(4) MPH Master in Public Health and M.Sc Public Health
(5) M.Sc. Haematology and Blood Transfusion
(6) M.Sc. Clinical Pathology
(7) M.Sc. Medical Physics
(8 M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry
(9) M.Sc. in Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
(10) M.Pharm. Master of Pharmacy
(11) M.Sc Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
(12) M.Sc. Pharmacognosy
(13) M.Sc. Physiology
(14) PGD Anaesthesia.
(15) M.Sc. Physiology
Tuesday, 9th June, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Physics, PGD and Master in Applied Geophysics (MAG)
(2) M.Sc. Cell Biology and Genetics, Botany, Microbiology
(3) M.Sc. Marine Biology & Fisheries
(4) M.Sc. Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry
(5) Environmental Management (PGD and Masters)
(6) M.Sc. & PGD Computer Science, Master of Information Technology (M.I.T.)
(7) M.Sc Environmental Toxicology and Pollution Management/M.Sc Parasitology & Bioinformatics
(8 M.Sc. Applied Entomology & Pest Management/M.Sc. Natural Resources Conservation.
(9) Master of Natural Resources Management (MNRM)
(10) M.Sc. Mathematics, Statistics
Wednesday, 10th June 2009
(1) M.Ed. Adult Education
(2) M.Ed. Educational Foundations
(3) M.Ed. Educational Administration and Planning
(4) PGD Educational Administration and Planning
(5) M.Ed. Human Kinetics and Health Education
(6) PGDE Postgraduate Diploma in Education.
(7) PGD Guidance and Counselling
(8 M.Ed. Arts & Social Science Education
(9) M.Ed. Science and Technology Education
Thursday, June 11, 2009
(1) M.Sc. & PGD Chemical Engineering
(2) M.Sc. Electrical/Electronics Engineering (Full-Time and Part-Time)
(3) M.Sc. Civil Engineering
(4) M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering
(5) PGD & M.Sc Surveying and Geoinfomatics
(6) Master of Geoinformatics
(7) Master of Process Engineering (MPE)
(8) PGD and M.Sc Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
(9) M.Sc. Systems Engineering, NetTel@Africa PGD (ICT) Policy and Regulations and . NetTel@Africa
(10)M.Sc. (ICT) Technologies & Systems
Friday, June 12, 2009
(1) M.Sc. Construction Management/Construction Technology
(2) Master of Project Management (MPM)
(3) M.Arch.(Master of Architecture)
(4) P.G.D.E.D and Master of Environmental Design (M.E.D.)
(5) M.Sc. Estate Management
(6) Master in Landscape Architecture
(7) M.Sc. Urban and Regional Planning
(8 Master in Urban and Regional Planning (MURP)
(9) Master in Urban Design.
(10) Master of Facilities Management
(11) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) in Building Services
Saturday June 13, 2009
M.B.A. Regular and Executive Programmes.
(i) Candidates for the Qualifying examinations are required to bring their Photo Cards with them to the Examination Venue without which they will not be allowed to sit for the Examination.
(ii) Those Awaiting Results of their first degree programmes are not Eligible to apply.
(iii) Part-Payment of school fees will not be allowed for full academic programmes.
(iv) Deferment of admissions will only be entertained for genuine reasons.
(v)The School, abridged prospectus can be purchased at the rate of N2,000.00 at the designated Banks.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
(a) The application fee for all Postgraduate Programmes is N10.000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) and N2,000.00 (Two Thousand Naira) for the SPGS Abridged Prospectus. These amounts exclude bank charges payable in cash at the following Banks.
(A) WEMA BANK PLC (See underlisted Branches)
(B) INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC, (See underlisted Branches)
Ligali Ayorinde V.I,
and Kingsway Building, Broad Street.
(C) ZENITH BANK PLC (See underlisted Branches)
St. Finbarrs Road,
Apapa (warehlouse Road),
and All States Capital Main Branches.
Sale of Application Forms will commence as from Monday, 23rd March, 2009.
Sale of Application Forms will close on Friday, 24th April 2009. After this date, there will be no further sale of forms under any circumstances.
SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms are to be submitted on-line not later than Friday, May 15, 2009.
For further information, please contact: The Executive Secretary, Human Recourses Development Board, University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, Lagos. Tel 017303800 (Direct Line) or Tel. No. 545-4891-5, or Ext. 1900. or Admin. Secretary SPGS Tel. No. 8902566. Or www.unilagspgs.edu.ng, Email: email@example.com
OLUWAROTIMI A. SHODIMU Esq.