Nigerian Army Direct Short Service Commission Recruitment 2010 (DSSC)
Nigerian Army Resumes Online Recruitment
The Nigerian Army has commenced the online recruitment into the Forces for this year. The process has been made as easy as possible to enable a wide range of people to apply easily. All You need to do is get a scratch card from the bank which contains your PIN code. You can also use your ATM card to apply.
DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
CORPS AND SERVICES
1. Applications are invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers for the following NA specialties
a. Medical Corps.
(1) Medical Specialists: Applicants must possess MBBS degree or its equivalent and Post Graduate/Special qualifications. Preference will be given to Obstetricians and Gynecologists, ENT Surgeons, Radiologist, Pediatricians, General Surgeons, Psychiatrists and Anesthetists.
(2) Medical Doctors: Candidates must possess degree registrable with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council e.g MMS, CHB.
(3) Dental Surgeons: Candidates must possess degree registrable with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council.
(4) Pharmacists: Applicants must possess at least BSc Pharm and must be a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria.
(5) Physiotherapists: Applicants must possess BSc Physiotherapy and must be a member of the Institute of the Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy.
(6) Health Records Officers: Applicants must possess BSc Medical/Biostatistics or HND Medical Records/Biostatistics.
(7) Medical Laboratory Scientists: Applicants must possess BSc, AIMLS or its equivalent qualification, Medical Laboratory Science and must be registered with the Institute of Medical Laboratory Science and Technology of Nigeria.
(8) Medical Image Scientists: Applicants must possess BSc in Radiography and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(9) Public Health Technologists: Applicants must possess HND/BSc in Public Health, and be members of West African Health Examination Board (WAHEB).
(10) Clinical Psychologists: Applicants must possess MSc in Psychology and must be a registered Clinical Psychologist.
(11) Dieticians: Applicants must possess BSc Dietetics.
(12) Nursing Officers: Applicants must be registered Nurses. Applicants with BSc Nursing or other specialization will be an added advantage.
(13) Bio-Medical Engineers: Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Bio-Medical Engineering and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(14) Environmental Health Officers: Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Environmental Health Technology/Sciences and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(15) Optometrists: Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Optometry and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(16) Hospital Administrators: Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Hospital Administration and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(17) Occupational Therapists: Applicants must possess BSc or HND in Occupational Theraphy and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
b. Directorates of Chaplain Services/Islamic Affairs: Christian applicants must be ordained Priests with BA in Theology while Muslim applicants must possess BA in Arabic and Islamic Studies. Each applicant will be required to produce testimony of excellent character by a reputable religious organization in Nigeria.
c. Education Corps: Applicants must possess BA, BSc or B.Ed degree (Arts, Sciences and Humanities) in any of the following: Mathematics, English, Geography, Home Economics, Guidance and Counseling, Chemistry, Physics, Computer, Christian Religious Knowledge and Islamic Religious Knowledge, Fine Arts, Library Science, Museology and Archival Studies, BSc or HND in Accounts and Intro Tech. Computer Literacy will be an added advantage.
d. Directorate of Legal Services: Applicants must possess LLB, BL, LLM and must have been called to the Bar. Legal experience/Court Appearance will be an added advantage.
e. Band Corps: Applicants must possess HND, BSc or equivalent in Music with L.R.A.M and A.R.C.M.
f. Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Corps: Applicants must possess HND, BSc or MSc degree in any of the following areas: Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Computer, Chemical, Aeronautical Communication, Avionics, Production Engineering, or equivalent qualifications registrable with Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
g. Engineers Corps: Applicants must possess HND, BSc or MSc degree in Quantity/Estate/Land Surveying, Building/Structural Engineering, Geology, Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, Urban/Regional/Town Planning and must be registered with appropriate professional bodies.
h. Supply and Transport Corps: Applicants must possess HND in catering. A good working experience will be an added advantage.
i. Directorate of Army Public Relations: Applicants must have HND, BSc or MSc degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Social Science or BA/HND in Graphic Arts. Membership of the relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage.
j. Directorate of Army Physical Training: Applicants must possess HND, BSc in Physical and Health Education.
2. An applicant must fulfill the following:
a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. Be between the ages of 22 to 35 years for both serving personnel and civilians.
c. Be medically and physically fit.
d. Measure not less than 1.66m (for male) and 1.63m (for female) in height.
e. Must not have been convicted by any court of Law.
f. Possess a minimum of first degree from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic.
g. Applicants (less serving soldiers) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
h. Graduates with registrable professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
i. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
k. Recommended by at least one recognizable referee who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
3. Direct Short Service commission will be granted for 10 years, for an initial probation period of 3 years service, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as commissioned officer.
4. All selected candidates will be required to undergo an initial military training at the Infantry Corps Centre Jaji or Nigerian Defence Academy Kaduna.
5. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority except fully registered Medical Doctors, Architects, Lawyers and holders of doctorate degree in fields relevant to individual service who will be commissioned in the same rank but with 3 months seniority.
5. Applications close 16 May 2010.
1. Candidates must upload and submit a passport photograph with this application form. The submitted image must adhere to the following specifications. Photographs submitted must be a recent photograph, taken within the last 6 months.
Failure to comply with any of the following requirements may cause your application to be rejected
2. Image Acquisition.
a. The image file may be produced by acquiring an image with a digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.
b. Digital enhancement or other alterations or retouching are not permitted.
c. The original aspect ratio of the image must be preserved. (No image stretching is allowed.)
3. Compositional Specifications.
(1) The image must contain the full face, neck, and shoulders of the applicant in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with eyes open and directed at the camera.
(2) The image must not contain any parts of the body below the applicant’s shoulders.
(3) The image must not include other objects or additional people.
(4) Applicant must be vertically oriented in the image.
(5) The image must be from a recent (within 6 months) photo of the applicant.
(1) The image size should be 200 pixels x 200 pixels (4cm x 4cm) and not more than 25 kilobyte..
4. Photo Validation . Before beginning the application process, you should verify that your picture complies with all requirements.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO FILL THE APPLICATION FORM
1. Ensure that you have a digital and clear passport photograph.
2. There are three (3) types of payment (BranchCollect Pin, Virtual PIN and ATM card). After you make your payment, you will login with your choice of username and password. This login enables you to enter your application and upload necessary documents. Note that your username and password are case sensitive.
3. Fill all the fields provided in the application form and upload a passport photograph. Click the submit button. Your input data would be displayed. Cross check to ensure there is no mistake in the information you have provided. Click the “Modify” button at the bottom of the page if there is need for correction otherwise click “Next” button to upload your documents.
4. The next page displays the processed form with all the submitted information. You may print this page before proceeding to the next page (Declaration Page).
5. The Declaration Page contains the applicant’s declaration and certification by parent to be signed in a Court of Law, another one to be signed by LG Chairman . You must print this page .
Using VIRTUAL PIN
– Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Oceanic bank in Nigeria after the payment of N2,000 Application Fee to the cashier.
– Login to www.nigerianarmyms.org
– Select Direct Short Service Commission(SSC) Application link on Top of this page.
– Click on the Register and Make Payment link
– Select Virtual PIN Mode.
– Enter your username, password, Confirmation Order Number and submit.
Using ATM CARD
– Login to www.nigerianarmyms.org
– Select Direct Short Service Commission(SSC).
– Click on the Register and Make Payment link
– Select Interswitch Payment Gateway or eTranzact Payment Gateway.
– Enter your username, password and submit.
– This will bring you to the Interswitch/eTranzact Gateway page where you type your ATM card parameters
– After successful payment of N2,000, login and begin to fill the forms and upload your passports and documents.
CLICK HERE TO MAKE PAYMENT AND APPLY
For further information:
Please call the following support lines: 01-7339334,07026936166,07092426991 ,07037729780, 07061869927, 09-3140117 or 09-8734009.
For more information on the Nigerian Army, visit www.nigerian-army.org
Department of Military Secretary