The Tibor Jones Pageturner Prize was born out of a desire to discover and promote new and exciting writers, to celebrate compelling new voices in fiction.
Entrants for the prize must have completed, or be close to completing, a novel. The fiction can embrace any genre, the story and the writing should be distinctive, absorbing and, above all, Pageturning.
The prize will be judged by literary agents Kevin Conroy-Scott and Sophie Lambert, by esteemed booksellers Jasper Sutcliffe of Foyles, Marcus Gipps of Blackwells and former bookseller turned sales representative for Bloomsbury David Foy.
Agents Kevin and Sophie are dedicated to building the careers of exceptional writers, working closely with them to develop and present their manuscripts to the right publishers. Booksellers Jasper, Marcus and David have to use their keen eye and commercial nous when selecting titles to promote and, ultimately, to help turn into bestsellers. With this combined knowledge the Tibor Jones Pageturner Prize hopes to uncover exciting new talent.
The winner will receive representation plus £1000, and will be announced at the 2011 London Book Fair.
All submissions must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The Rules: Entries for the 2011 Tibor Jones Pageturner Prize can be submitted from Tuesday 4th January 2011 until Tuesday 8th March 2011. Any novel submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for entry.
2. A shortlist will be released on Monday 21st March 2011.
3. The competition is open to writers of any nationality writing in English. There is no restriction on theme or style.
4. You may enter multiple times but novels will be considered as separate entries so typically a single submission of your strongest pageturner is preferable.
5. The winning novel must not have been published previously in any form. If you enter your novel in other competitions and you win, please notify us and withdraw your submission.
6. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry if we have reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these rules.
7. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition.
8. We will act in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in relation to your personal data. All personal data entered is secure.
9. We reserve the right to amend these rules where it is deemed necessary to do so or where circumstances are beyond our control. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the Tibor Jones website. We reserve the right to not award the first prize, where circumstances are beyond our control, or if the judges’ overall verdict is that the level of entries is not up to the required standard for publication.
10. Submission of entry is taken to be an unqualified acceptance of these rules.
Deadline: 8 March 2011