Job Title: Director – Shared Services
Closing Date: 7th June, 2011
AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. Since 2001, we have worked closely with key stakeholders, including donors, government agencies, university teaching hospitals and other non-governmental organizations to deliver qualitative interventions.
APIN’s goal is to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches. Our intervention activities span forty-two sites in ten states of the Federation and are coordinated from our offices in Abuja, Lagos and Ibadan.
As part of strategy to strengthen our internal capacity and improve our operations, we are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of Director – Shared Services at our Abuja Office.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director – Shared Services will oversee and lead the organization’s internal operations as well as coordinate the activities of the Shared Services departments, including finance, human resources, administration, procurement and information technology. The key tasks of the Director – Shared Services shall include the following:
– Develop and coordinate the implementation of organizational strategies and policies as well as monitor adherence to the strategic plan
– Coordinate all financial planning and management activities
Plan the use of material and human resources of the Shared Services directorate
– Coordinate the overall daily office operations to ensure smooth and efficient running
– Oversee office information technology systems and work to improve same
– Oversee risk management and legal activities, including contract negotiations and vendor relationships
– Drive the development and management of the Shared Services budget
– Monitor and review operating costs and suggest cost saving measures
– Work with the human resources staff on hiring of personnel, running the performance management cycle and supporting the implementation of personnel policies
– Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence for all staff.
Qualifications And Experience
At least a second degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or any of the relevant Social Sciences, with relevant professional certification(s); at least 20 years work experience, including 8 years or more in a senior management role in an international NGO or a blue-chip, for-profit organization, preferably with strong background in the management of shared services.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
The ideal job holder is expected to possess the following competencies:
– Ability to build staff and organizational capacity by building a motivated workforce and developing effective processes that facilitates the smooth running of the organization
– Exceptional capacity for leading and managing people.
– Ability to identify and implement best practices
– Demonstrable ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and wisdom
– Exceptional written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills – and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and the staff
– Action orientation – ability to act and react as necessary, with boldness to take charge of situations and handle resistance to change
– Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends and consequences as well as plan for the long-term success of the organization
– Working knowledge of the various aspects of shared service activities and tasks.
– Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc.)
– Willingness to do a considerable amount of local travel
Click Here to Apply