Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a recognized shipping agent acting as a leading player in the Nigerian Maritime Sector. The company is looking for an expatriate Financial Controller for its Nigerian activities.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Job reference no: NGA0636
Sector: Maritime – Nigeria – Western Africa
Function: Accounting & finance
The Financial Controller is responsible for the local financial strategies and the coordination of plans, budgets and general organisation of the Company.
He will be responsible for efficient management of the accounting, reporting, treasury, insurance, taxation, information technology and systems and internal control functions for the Company.
The Financial Controller will report to the Managing Director.
Setting up and implementation of finance management
– Provide and/or oversee the national administration of the company‘s financial activities.
– Participate actively in the strategic planning process of the business and initiate and control the process for the preparation of budgets forecast.
– Responsible for budget and plans realization, update and follow ups
– Track profit and cash flow performance
– Create Best Practice network
– Select, recruit, train and retain skilled and competent staff with focus on strong succession planning.
Production of finance & Accounting information
– Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and reliability of all financial information and meeting the deadlines.
– Manage assets of the Company
– Handling overall Taxation matters, Statutory Audits, Internal Audit,
– Manage all financial reporting
– Manage all Company IT issues
Treasury, Audit & Internal control:
– Oversee the treasury function to ensure cash flow for the business is secured. Act to minimize the financial risk profile of the Company by ensuring that interest and foreign currency risks are well managed and in line with the Group standards.
– Ensure appropriate financial risk, accounting and auditing policies and procedures of the Company.
– Responsible for Bank accounts and Cash management, Tax & Capex procedures.
– Set up extended internal controls.
– Checks and oversees all reportings.
Qualifications and experience
– Must hold recognised Accountancy Qualification from one of the major internationally recognized professional institutions
– Must have a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a financial management role,
– Financial/Operational Risk Assessment and Management
– Interpersonal Skills when interfacing with other members of the management team, Nigerian colleagues and external parties such as tax authorities and excellent command of the English language with first class oral and written communication skills
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.