Further to the efforts of the present Administration in creating job opportunities, the Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for recruitment into two hundred and fifty (250) vacant positions in the Office of the Auditor-General for the Federation.
Vacancy exists to fill the positions below:
JOB TITLE: : PRINCIPAL AUDITORS (GL 12)
QUALIFICATIONS AND FUNCTIONS:
Candidates applying for the jobs in Nigeria of Principal Auditor must possess the following:
– A degree in accountancy from a recognized University plus at least 9 years post qualification cognate experience.
– Professional qualification of any of the following accountancy bodies plus at least 3 years post qualification cognate experience:
. Institute of Chartered accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
. Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN)
. Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) of United Kingdom.
. Chartered Institute of Public Finance (CIPF) of United Kingdom.
. Institute of Cost and Management Accountants (ICMA) of United Kingdom and the United States.
. Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPA) of United States.
– Candidates with degrees in other social sciences and have these professional qualifications plus 3 years post qualification experience may apply.
The successful candidate shall report directly to the Assistant Chief Auditor and his/her functions shall include:
– Taking charge of a unit.
– Preparing audit guides.
– Carrying out high-level investigations and audit enquiries, monitoring and evaluating contract performance.
– Processing financial statements and Audit Reports for the certification/signature of the Auditor-General.
– Issuing audit inspection reports and undertaking follow-up actions.
SALARY AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE:
The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable in the respective positions in the Federal Civil Service and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria. In accordance with the provisions of the Public Service Rules and Regulations, the successful candidates shall hold office up to the compulsory retirement age of 60 years or 35 years of service whichever is earlier. Fringe benefits include a pension scheme in consonance with the contributory pension scheme and allowances as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applications should be submitted together with 35 copies of Curriculum Vitae stating: Date of Birth, Marital Status, Qualification, NYSC discharge certificate or Exemption Certificate, Professional Experience, State of Origin, Names and addresses of three Referees and photocopies of all credentials backed with such supporting documents as will assist the Commission in the comprehensive assessment of suitability of the candidate.
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “Post of “Chief Auditor” as the case may be and addressed to:
Federal Civil Service Commission,
3 Abidjan Street, Zone 3, Wuse,
PMB 17, Garki-Abuja.
Applications are to reach the above address on or before 26th September 2011. Applicants should inform their Referees to forward their Confidential Reports to the above address within the same deadline.
Only shortlisted Candidates shall be contacted.