GE is a diversified technology; media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide.
Job Title: Senior Operations Leader-Nigeria
Job Number: 1418017
Business: GE Corporate
Business Segment: Corporate Finance & Operating Components
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Controllership
Location: IIkoyi – Lagos
GE is expanding in Sub-Sahara Africa region and we are inviting Finance professional to join GBS team in Nigeria.
– Establish and Lead GBS Financial Services Operations function to support all Businesses in GBS Nigeria Center.
– Ensure excellence in AP,AR, Acc Recs, Interco, Treasury, T&L processes.
– Establish Six sigma Operational excellence by developing and implementing new Policies & procedures
– Follow internal controls to prevent Compliance risks, establish strong Improper Payments, AML, Work with Suppliers & Government, Data privacy controls.
– Ensure no PO, no Pay process & controls, Policy 6.0, 3 way match
– Analyze, book, Pay and reconcile T&L (Travel and Living) expenses
– Analyze, Book, Pay and reconcile AP (Accounts Payables)
– Monthly/ Quarterly Cash Flow forecasting
– Analyze financial transactions, determine accuracy, insure completeness and compliance to established policies & procedures and GAAP
– Lead, coach and develop Operations team
– Work closely with GBS Center Leader, Business Operations / Finance teams to ensure excellence in GBS FS Services
– Drive continuous process improvement in the Operational/ Accounting processes.
– Analyze financial transactions, determine accuracy, completeness and conformance to established policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting standards
– Bachelors degree, major in accounting.
– Minimum 4 years relevant experience, preferably in Shared Services function of a big multinational Company.
– Solid communication, organization and documentation skills.
– Strong interpersonal/teamwork skills.
– Solid computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
– Project management & coaching experience would be an asset.
– Ability to influence without authority and work collaboratively in a team. Relationship Building & Networking Skills with internal organization and customers
– Excellent execution skills, ability to drive change/ process improvements
– Strong Leadership, Project Management skills
– Flexibility, with a positive attitude to change
– Proactive and able to influence others
– Highly organised and able to take ownership
– Wanting to work in a dynamic environment