Job Title: HR Service Delivery Manager
Job ID: 304801
Job Function: Human Resources
Location: Gambia – SCB
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
1. Managing the overall operational aspects of the HR Service Delivery function in order to deliver efficient and effective HR service to the organization
2. Manage staff database and ensure data accuracy in PeopleSoft
3. Undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning as well as the implementation and management of Operational Risk within the Unit.
4. Assist Business Unit Head and SORO in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level.
5. Implement controls within the Business Unit to meet all regulatory and internal SCB requirements.
6. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring of activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. Manage the global database system (Peoplesoft) and ensure prompt update of information in the system by Line Managers
2. Overall Payroll administration (processing and management)
3. Manage relationship with statutory bodies such as the Revenue Authority, Social Security and Immigration Department and with the medical insurance provider of the Bank.
4. Reconciliation and administration of payments to regulatory authorities relating to income tax, social security contributions.
5. Monitor the human resource budget, manage the expenses of the Human Resource department and ensure compliance with the budget.
6. Ensure the necessary management information required is provided to the business
7. Co-ordinate the administration of all reimbursement claims with regard to welfare entitlements of employees such as Leave Programme, Funeral assistance etc.
8. Ensure that all processing that is being carried out is as per laid down policy and if exceptions are to be made they are properly authorised.
9. Monitor actual country Head Count.
10. Monitor staff confirmation.
11. Co-ordinator for the Q12 Survey
12. Ensure the availability of local market remuneration and other relevant external data to the business and interpret this to business managers, to enable them form a valid view of competitor practices as a factor in decision making.
13. Identify and analyze employee relations, problems or grievances, recommend solutions and participate appropriately in the resolution of such issues.
14. Act as a consultative and facilitative resource to business manager as requested, for example in the area of change management.
15. Conduct interviews and oversee recruitment on behalf of the Business Managers; participate in the selection process to ensure that selection decision is fully informed; organize screening and business level induction for new staff.
16. Conduct Right start induction for all new staff within 3 months and ensure completion of mandatory e-learning modules.
17. Management of payments/withdrawals/disbursements of the International Sharesave Scheme and ensure monthly payment reports are sent to the scheme administrators.
18. Initiate proactive measures to create and maintain healthy employee relations climate.
19. Co-ordinate all staff Welfare matters – Staff Dances/Dinner, Picnics, Games, Fairs etc
20. Administration of staff medical membership scheme and managing relationship with medical insurance provider.
21. Administration of the staff Provident fund scheme (including the annual audit of the Fund), generate monthly contribution reports, monitor deductions/disbursements of funds to exited staff. In addition, act as Secretary to Provident Fund Committee – coordinate all meetings and deliver timely minutes.
22. Preparation of HR and data for planning purposes
23. Conduct exit interviews and manage the exit process
24. Act as department’s Operational Risk Responsible Person
• To report Unit’s OR issues and losses
• To develop and update procedures controls and monitor plans for Operational Risk Management
• Act as OR Coordinator for the section
• To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
• To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
• To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
• To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
• To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
• Act as Unit Operation Risk Manager on ORMA
• To be the source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements.
• Lead and support implementation of OR initiatives for the Business Unit.
• Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and SORO on operational risk issues.
• Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /SORO/Business Head as appropriate.
• Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the BORG, SORO and Business Unit Head. Ensure data accuracy and completeness.
• Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
• Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the Business Unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and SORO, when they occur.
• Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
• Assist SORO in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives.
25. Ensure staff related procedures and practices comply with local legal requirements and fair employee treatment.
26. Maintenance of the Bonus Management System (Monthly accruals) throughout the year.
27. Issue and monitor completion of compulsory training programs issued by SCB Globally
28. Process work / residential permits for expat staff.
29. Ensure compliance to all laid out procedures on Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity and be the department representative on both committees
30. Act in the capacity of the Head of HR, attend all the relevant management meetings in the absence of the Head of the department.
Qualifications & Skills
1. Bachelors degree in Administration or related field and/or 3-5 years work experience in Human Resources
2. Position requires deep knowledge of HR Management
3. Strong oral and written communications skills
4. Strong interpersonal /Social skills
5. Strong knowledge of IT systems and capabilities
6. A good knowledge of the Banks HR policies and relevant legislature
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.