Suitably qualified UTME candidates can now apply for admission in UNIPORT into full-time five years Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) degree in Science Laboratory Technology with specialization in any of the following options:
i. Biochemistry & Chemistry Technology
ii. Biomedical Technology
iii. Geology and Mining Technology
iv. Industrial Chemistry & Petrochemical Technology
v. Microbiology Technology
vi. Physics/with Electronics Technology
vii. Physics with Production Technology
Applicants must possess the following qualifications
i. Five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in not more than two sittings in GCE, SSCE, NECO, WASC, OR NABTEB.
ii UTME: All candidates who wish to apply for admission must have written the 2011 UTME with a minimum score of 180.
iii. UTME SUBJECTS:
(a) Biomedical Technology, Biochemistry/Chemistry Technology and Microbiology Technology options: English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics
(b) Geology/Mining Technology, Industrial Chemistry/Petrochemical Technology, Physics with Electronics Technology and Physics with Production Technology options: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
The date of Post UTME Screening Exercise of candidates who have applied for admission into the various programme options of the School will be communicated in due course.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
* Logon to the Uniport Website: www.uniport.edu.ng
* Click on Post-UTME or Post-UTME Registration to access the Post UTME Screening Registration Portal.
* Click on Print Payment Slip, Enter JAMB Registration Number and Select University Choice: Science Laboratory Technology.
* Fill in your UTME and contact details correctly (It doesn’t matter if you chose Uniport or not).
* Print Payment Slip and proceed to make payment in any of the banks listed on the payment slip.
* Return to the website to Register Online (Step 3) using the Confirmation Order Number on the eTranzact receipt.
DATE OF SCREENING EXERCISE
The computer-based screening test will hold on Monday, 10th October, 2011 at the Information and Communication Technology Centre (ICTC), University Park by 7.00am.
• Candidates’ names on their O’level certificates and JAMB results must be same with what is filled on the Post UTME form.
• Mobile phones, walkman, ipod, ipad and similar gadgets are not allowed into the screening venue.
• Candidates must apply within the Registration period as the link for the Application Form will be disabled at mid-night on Wednesday, 5th October, 2011.
• Candidates must report to Screening Venues by 7.00am.
• Parents and guardians as well as uninvited security agents will not be allowed into the Campus on the days of the screening exercise.
FINAL DATE FOR PROCESSING OF PHOTOCARD IS MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY, 5TH OCTOBER, 2011.