Air Nigeria, (formerly Virgin Nigeria) was established in 2004 when the Federal Government of Nigeria and Virgin Atlantic Airways signed a Memorandum of Mutual Understanding (MMU) that gave birth to the airline. Air Nigeria, then trading as Virgin Nigeria Airways started operating on 28th June, 2005 with flights to London Heathrow, Johannesburg as well as regional and domestic flights using Airbus A340-300 and A320-200 aircrafts. The airline quickly endeared itself in the minds of consumers as a result of its excellent customer service delivery and safety standards (being the first West African carrier listed on IOSA directory).
Do you have 1500 hours or more total flight time? Are you excited about safety and efficiency? Then take your special place as a first rate pilot with Air Nigeria.
Air Nigeria, currently flies to Abuja, Owerri, Kano, Port Harcourt, and Sokoto (on the domestic route) regionally we fly to Abidjan, Accra, Banjul, Brazzaville, Cotonou, Dakar, Douala, Liberia Libreville and Monrovia. We have plans to open more routes with a promise to offer our customers excellent service and operate to the highest standard.
Essential to our growth and success is the employment of high quality pilot in Lagos for our expanding fleet. We are offering exciting career opportunities for dynamic pilots to join us.
ALL PILOTS MUST HAVE:
• Good understanding of commercial air transport operations
• Positive and proactive attitude towards flight safety
• Good communication skills
• IT literacy
• ATPL/CPL with B737 classic, B737NG or E190 type rating
• Last flight on any of the required types must be within the last 24 months
• First Class Medical
• English proficiency
• Valid passport
• No criminal history
• No history of incident or accidents
Responsible to the Chief Pilot and the Company for safe and efficient operation of the aircraft; to join us as Captain, you will need
• ATPL/Medical/Current (Sim) on type B737NG, B737 classic or E190
• A total of 5,000 hours of which 1000 hours must be on type with at least 3000 Hours in command
• Excellent CRM Skills
• Strong leadership and flight deck management skills
• Type rated pilots only may apply
Responsible to the Captain, you will be expected to aspire to achieve the same excellent standards as the Captain. We are recruiting future Captains and you must be able to demonstrate good command and leadership qualities with your flying skills. To join us as Co-Pilot, you will need:
• ATPL /CPL/Medical/Current (Sim) on type B737NG, B737 classic or E190
• A total of 1500 hours flying experience of which 500 hours must be on type
• Demonstrate sound technical skills, potential leadership qualities and command
• Excellent CRM skills
• Exhibit leadership and flight deck management skills
• Type rated pilots only may apply
WHAT WE OFFER:
In return we will offer you a great place to work, and industry leading reward package consisting of a commuting contract (12 weeks on, 2 weeks off), competitive salary, excellent training and development, medical cover, pension, staff travel benefits and an opportunity to see the world.
To be considered, you will need to do the following:
• Download the application form please Click Here, click on the ‘SAVE’ button and save the file to an appropriate location (you will want to carefully note the location you save to, so that you will be able to find the file once download is complete)
• Carefully complete the application form.
• Once you have downloaded and completed this form, e-mail it to [email protected]
Please do not complete this form unless you are a pilot. Note that this application form is only for Pilots applying for Flight Deck positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This offer closes Saturday, December 31, 2011