The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organization responsible for the conduct of a variety of examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions in its Nigeria National Office and the Lagos Department of its Headquarters Research Division
Job Title: Subject Officers
1. Music – B.A/B.A (Ed) Music, Knowledge in the use of Finale/Sibelius Software will be an added advantage
2. French – B.A (Hons) French, B.A (Ed) French
3. Clothing & textiles – B.Sc Home Economics
4. Government – B.Sc/B.Sc (Ed) Political Science
5. Economics – B.Sc./B.Sc (Ed) Economics
- Applicants should possess a minimum of Bachelors Degree (at least Second Class Lower Division) from a recognised University in the underlisted subject areas:
- Possession of higher degree in Educational Measurement and Evaluation would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years post qualification teaching experience is required for Subject Officers.
- Applicants must (in addition to their degrees and professional qualifications), possess five credits including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting in WASSCE/SSCE/GCE “0” Level or six credits including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings in WASSCE/SSCE/GCE “0” Level.
- Applicants should not be more than 35 years of age as at the close of applications.
Salary and Condition of Service
The salaries paid by the Council are very attractive. Point of entry into the salary scales will depend on qualifications and experience. The successful applicants will enjoy very good remuneration package that is in line with the Council’s Conditions of Service and will also be aS8m-ed of full career development within the organisation.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should apply online through the Council’s website: www.waeconline.org.ng/eRecruitmentand in addition, also download the application form from the website, complete and submit to the
(Human Resource Management Department), WAEC,
Applications may also be submitted at any of the Council’s Zonal/Branch Offices in Nigeria.
Applications closes on Friday 30th December, 2011.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.