British American Tobacco Nigeria Limited: a fully owned subsidiary of the British American Tobacco Group is a leading producer of tobacco products in Nigeria.
BAT Nigeria Has vacancy for Engineering Artisan Trainee
Job Title: Engineering Artisan Trainee
Reference Number: AB/EAT/01
- As part of our commitment to developing vocational skills to boost skills acquisitions we are seeking applicants into the newly introduced Engineering Artisan Programme.
- The programme will last for 12 months. Students will be engaged in rigorous theoretical and practical training at our approved Training Centre and exposed to industrial work experience within BAT Nigeria factory.
- On successful completion of the training programme, a certificate of participation will be awarded. Continuous assessment and appraisal of trainees will take place during the period of training.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- National Technical Certificate (NTC) or Advanced National Technical Certificate (ANTC) issued by the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB)
- Technicians Certificate (or its equivalent) issued by City & Guilds of London.
Related fields of study:
- Vocational studies in plumbing, welding, R&A fitting and fabrication.
- Vocational studies in electrical and electronics installation and in Maintenance Practice
BAT is not obliged to provide employment to trainees on successful completion of the programme; however trainees will be kept in a pool for future employment when the opportunity presents.
BAT Nigeria is an equal opportunities employer. All shortlisted applicants will be considered and assessed using the same criteria and recruitment process.
All enrolled trainees will receive a monthly trainee’s allowance to cover incidental expenses throughout the duration of the programme. Students will also benefit from the company’s canteen services as well as medical services at the company’s clinic.
Method of Application