Maersk Nigeria is recruiting HSE Officers. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the HSE Supervisor.
Job Title: HSE Officer – APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
- Assists in the development and delivery of the company’s HSE functions, implementing policies, procedures and systems to provide for an HSE business operation.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of Health, Safety and Environmental standards and Loss Prevention measures.
- Represents the HSE department within the port on issues related to HSE in order to ensure a mutual understanding of the Company’s goals and requirements, and to work in a co-operative partnership with local resources.
- Inspects organization facilities and audits records to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Reports all HSE incidents and assists the HSE Supervisor incident root cause analysis and assess risks to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
- Assists in the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Compiles and submits accident reports required by the HSE department and maintains safety files and records.
- Assists in the development and delivery of training to terminal staff and third party members.
- Ensure that APMT Apapa HSE policy and procedures are observed as well as all relevant safety legislation and the provisions of the relevant Government of Nigeria HSE Acts
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and to the meeting of business objectives.
- University Degree
- Requires two to four years of HSE related experience preferably from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge and experience in handling dangerous goods and emergency situations.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
6th March, 2012
Method of Application
This position is a local position, based in Lagos, Nigeria and will remain posted until 06/Mar/2012.
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV.
Click here to apply online
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact Jean Chukwura on Jean.Chikodi.Adiele@apmterminals.com