African Institute for Applied Economics (AIAE): one of Africa’s leading independent economic research institutions and policy think tanks with offices in Enugu and Abuja. Established in 2000, the Institute seeks to promote evidence-based policy making in Africa through applied economic research, policy facilitation, capacity building and networking.
We requires suitable individuals to take up the position of Research Porgamme Directors for a renewable term of three years beginning from June 2012.
Job Title: Research Porgamme Director
The Research Porgamme Directors will take charge of the broad thematic areas:
- Macroeconomic analysis, public finance and trade
- Poverty, labour and agricultural-rural economy.
With roles and responsibilities as follows:
- Initiate and coordinate the development of fundable research proposals
- Collect and analyze research data
- Write research reports, scientific papers and policy briefs
- Organize and implement research programmes.
- Supervise research activities and research networks
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of PhD Degree in Economics or related disciplines and post-qualification research experience of upto 5 years.
Capacities and Qualities
The candidates for Research Programme Directors should have:
- Ability to conduct high-quality research independently
- Good quantitative and analytical skills
- Considerable record of research and technical reports and publications
- Excellent report writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and sustain research partnership and networks
Terms and condition of service are competitive and negotiable
14th March, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit applications by email to:firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
- A letter of application stating the motivation for applying and major strengths
- Detailed CV indicating the names and contact address/phone numbers of three possible referees.
African Institute for Applied Economics (AIAE)
54, Nza Street, Independence Layout, P.O Box 2147, Enugu, Nigeria
Phone: 234-042-256644, 234-042-300096, 234-070-62093690, 234-080-5773 6033;
Fax: 234-042-256035 Email: email@example.com; website:www.aiaenigeria.org