GE: We’re a global infrastructure, finance and media company taking on the world’s toughest challenges. And we are taking the strengths that have made us an industry leader and putting them to work in service of a new era of global business, with a focus on the world and the people we share it with. Through initiatives like ecomagination and healthymagination, we are developing the next generation of products and services to improve the way we use resources, impact our communities and care for each other. Join GE and you’ll discover a career opportunity of incredible diversity – across disciplines and around the globe. No other company invests in the development, training and advancement of its employees the way we do, because we believe it is our innovative thinking that is our strength, and that strength is what enables GE to make a positive impact on tomorrow, today. From jet engines to power generation, financial services to water processing, and medical imaging to turning imaginative ideas into leading products and services. GE is imagination at work.
Job Title: OMLP Program Associate
Job Number: 1529564
Business Segment: Energy – Oil & Gas
OMLP accelerates development of entry-level talent and produces leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing the Operations function at GE. OMLP is a 2-year program that allows members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training.
Intensive two-year entry-level program with at least three rotational assignments in various locations (international moves)
• Possible assignments include: Manufacturing Shop Operations, Process Engineering, Six Sigma Quality, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, Environmental Health & Safety
• Mentoring, teamwork, on-going reviews and defined deliverables
• Technical training in contemporary manufacturing, global supply chain management, APICS certification, six sigma quality training, environmental health & safety
• Business training and challenging experience in: project management, team leading, negotiation, manufacturing finance.
• Degree in Engineering (Major in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical) with outstanding results
• Unrestricted authorization to work in Nigeria
• Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in engineering or manufacturing
• Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• Fluency in English
• Drive to start and build a career in an international environment
• Flexible to move within African region
Desired Characteristics Demonstrated leadership ability
•High performer with a passion to achieve positive business results
•Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set
•Flexible, adaptable, and open to change