Job Number: 1527214
Business Segment: Energy – Oil & Gas
At GE Oil & Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Posted Position Title: Lead Engineer/Technologist
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Product Design and Development
Support Engineer within the Services Engineering team must be able to support workshop operations throughout the repair, overhaul and maintenance of Subsea Products. The main function is the disposition of inspection survey reports providing details on the repairs and scopes required to refurbish equipment, in a practical and cost effective manner covering all aspects of the rework.
Strong internal candidates already identified, others are welcome to apply. These roles are expected to run for approximately 6 months.
• Interpret survey reports and provide technical dispositions and work scopes to satisfy specifications.
• Liaise with workshop personal providing support as required.
• Ensure that equipment is dispositioned in accordance with current HSE legislation.
• Ensure that equipment is dispositioned within the abilities of in-house manufacturing processes or other sources out with the plant.
• Prepare and deviate factory acceptance and repair test procedures.
• Prepare operational & maintenance procedures and engineering reports on inspection findings and justifications.
• Create and review survey reports templates and standard replacement parts lists.
• Monitor and progress survey reports in a timely manner whilst liaising with all other departments to ensure customer delivery schedules are adhered to.
• Establish repair practices and engineering repair workscopes.
• Adhere to and meet engineering workload and planning schedules.
• Check and approve layout and detail drawings.
• Liaise with sales and manufacturing departments providing technical support as required.
• Liaise with customers and 3rd parties providing justification on survey dispositions.
• Provide engineering support for the service of installed SSPE equipment and provide options for customers on refurbishment/ repair of products.
• Ensure all work is conducted to the “Spirit and the Letter” and in an environmentally and safe manner.
• Degree or HND/HNC Mechanical Engineering.
• Pro/E / ACAD skills preferred.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, techniques and engineering design.
• Basic knowledge of materials, welding and heat treatment.
• Familiarity with industry standards and design codes.
• Have a working knowledge of systems, procedures and other departments within the company.
• Desire to provide world class service to customers by aligning global teams under the service platform.
Desired Characteristics • Strong SSPE product line knowledge.
• Knowledge of service maintenance procedures & processes
• Fully proficient with ePIMS database.
• Solid Oil & Gas industry knowledge.