In line with its mandate to build human capacity resource and enhance skills development in the nine (9) states of the Niger Delta Region, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in collaboration with the Maritime Academy of Nigeria, Oron, has concluded arrangement to train interested and qualified youths of the Niger Delta origin in specific areas of maritime studies that will lead to award of globally recognised certifications and create the needed skilled man power in the real maritime sector, locally and internationally. lPROGRAMMES
|1||Industrial Safety||Minimun Of Ordinary National Diploma In Engineering Sciences||6 Months
|2||Ableseamanship||Minimum Of Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)||3 Months
|3||Preseamanship||Minimum Of Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)||3 Months
|4||Motorman/Marine Engineering||Minimum Of Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)||3 Months
|5||Offshore Crane Operator||Minimum Of Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)||4 Months
|6||Blasting And Coating||Minimum Of Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)||5 Months
|7||Scaffolding||Minimum Of Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)||3 Months
Apart from educational requirement as stated in the above table, the interested applicants must meet the following criteria/requirements.
- Must be indegene of the Niger Delta.
- Must be physically fit and be prepared to undergo full medical and psychometric tests.
- Should be between ages of 20-35 years.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application must be made On-line at the Commission’s website: ( www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Relevant academic qualifications.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website. (www.nddc.gov.ng)
All completed applications must be submitted on or before 11th June, 2012