The Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one perstate of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of fifty thousand Naira each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
Print, complete and submit the NWAG Application Form together with materials and documents specified below under Requirements.
An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University. All applications must include the following:
- Proof of State of Origin – Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two Letters of Recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or one of your Lecturers.
- One Letter of Recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
- A type-written, double –spaced, two-page essay on:
“The education of our youth is compromised by frequent strikes and school closings.If you were the first female president of Nigeria, how would you handle things differently fromPresident Jonathan or all the past presidents?”
All application entries must be typewritten and double-spaced.
All applications must be POST-MARKED or EMAILED by MAY 30, 2012. Late
applications will not be accepted. Applications may not be faxed or hand-delivered.
Note: Incomplete applications or applications that show evidence of plagiarism will be disqualified.
All incomplete applications will be rejected.
Please submit your application and all required documents to NWAG either by regular mail to
P.O. Box 14532,
Atlanta, GA 30324
or electronically via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All electronic submissions MUST BE IN PDF FORMAT.