APM Terminals is one of the largest container terminal operators in the world. The diverse portfolio includes substantial interests in more than 40 ports around the globe. We continue to actively develop and invest in new projects and opportunities in ports and terminal management. In terms of the future, we are determined to stay at the forefront of our industry by providing value-adding e-business solutions, customer relations management and innovative use of technologies.
APM Terminals commenced operations in Nigeria in March, 2006. Apapa is Nigeria’s largest port and contains a number of wharfs. To date, the staff comprises over 700 highly skilled and motivated foreign and local staff. We stand for operational excellence – from modern equipment, facilities, advanced technology and proven processes and terminal management. We are currently looking for an individual who share our commitment to providing services that are second-to-none.
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join the global team at APM Terminals Apapa and contribute to the success of the organization. The position reports to the G.M. HR/Admin.
Job Title: Recruitment Manager – APM Terminals, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
- Processes all open Employment Requisitions.
- Maintains Job Posting process, including internal posting process and listing jobs with the Ministry of Labour.
- Identifies and recommends employment agencies for use in recruiting candidates.
- Recruits qualified candidates for job openings.
- Schedules and conducts interviews professionally, identifying appropriate, qualified personnel to HR management and hiring managers.
- Assists with the selection process, making recommendations for hire.
- Manage the proper administration of the recruitments tools (LI/PI), while holding the responsibility of maintaining their integrity.
- Manages the background reference process, and checks all other pertinent information required prior to making an offer of employment.
- Prepares offers of employment, securing appropriate approvals.
- Reviews the preparation of employment contracts, ensuring that information is timely and accurate.
- Manages the company’s employee on boarding process.
- Oversees the renewal of expiring employment contracts and probationary period updates, ensuring that renewal is done timely and accurately.
- Manages pre employment medical assessment for new hires and works with other HR units to ensure processing of all employment related documents.
- Oversees the employee services processes, ensuring that all activities related to the employment and termination of an employee are handled timely and smoothly.
- Requires a university degree in Human Resources, Personnel Management or in other disciplines such as Public Administration, Business Administration or other Management Science disciplines.
- Requires at least four to six years of being responsible for Recruitment and Selection/Talent Management within an organization. At least two years of management / supervisory experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be familiar with Best practices in the professional field of Human Resources.
- Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Substantial knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Considerable drive and interest in performance management and improvement processes, for the optimization of company performance and employee development.
- Self-starting, taking initiatives to influence events to achieve goals.
- Well-organised, timely, and persistent.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location
- Value and team-based leadership
- An open and engaging working environment
- A wide range of international career opportunities
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment
- Competitive compensation packages
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV. For all internal applications please note that HR will contact your local HR to request for your staff card upon receipt of your application.
We do not make use of recruitment agencies. Only CVs received through our job portal will be attended to.
If you have any questions or would like further information, you are welcome to contact Lanre Olarinoye on firstname.lastname@example.org