Conoil Plc, Nigeria’s largest indigenous petroleum products marketer is looking for a highly strategic and analytical individual with an extensive technological background who will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities for the organization.
The individual would be responsible for defining and implementing the Company’s IT policies and procedures, in accordance with best practices.
Job Title: IT Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Benchmark, analyze, report and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems in order to increase productivity and profit
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals
- Review all technical documentation for both baseline and custom functionality in all hardware and software systems
- Manage financial aspects of the department, including purchasing, budgeting ad budget review
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for IT spending and initiatives
- Possess a Bachelor degree with minimum of Second class Upper in the field of Computer Science / Information Technology.
- Microsoft IT related certifications, CISCO CCNA, or higher certification.
- Overall IT knowledge and skill in one or more of the following areas: Portals, Dashboards, Reporting tools, Workflow, & collaboration tools.
- Additional Masters degree in Business Administration with technology as core component is an added advantage .
Experience & Knowledge
- Should have at 10 years technical and operating experience, five of which must have been at managerial level (as Team Leader/Project Manager in the Oil & gas or related industry)
- proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development in depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices & laws strong technical knowledge of server, network and PC operating systems, current network hardware protocols and standards including CISCO routers, switches, and firewall management
- experience in Project management, IT service delivery and operations should not be more than 40 years of age
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Highly self motivated and directed
Very attractive and competitive
How to apply
To apply, please quote “IT Manager” as the subject of your mail and send you current resume to us at email@example.com . All applications would be treated in confidence. Only short listed candidates would be contacted.
Application closes not later than two weeks after the date of this publication
Deadline: 21 May, 2012