Notore Chemical Industries Ltd is an agro-allied and chemical company committed to enhancing the quality of life in Africa through local food production.
Job Reference No.: HR/2012/PLA/002
Job Title: ISO IMPLEMENTATION MANAGER
The kind of person we are looking for must be
• An individual that has demonstrated ability to coordinate, direct, implement, strategize and execute tasks to successful completion.
• Excellent consultative communicator capable of analysing a situation and acting decisively.
• An individual able to effectively lead cross functional teams, end-users, IT employees, vendors/consultants.
• Must be process oriented.
• May be required to travel, do irregular hours of work and work hours in excess of
the normal daily work hours in order to meet deadlines and schedules
• Project and Change Management leader who continually analyses the company and current business practices with a view to successfully implementing the project.
The duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Responsible for the project management of the entire ISO 9001 implementation life cycle and ensures that the project is completed on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of internal clients.
• Lead, guide and mentor all members of the project team during the implementation.
Additionally, the ISO 9001 Implementation Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Coordinate and support efforts towards the achievement and maintenance of the Company’s quality management system to ISO 9001 certification.
• Plan and conduct company-wide awareness and training program on ISO 9001 requirements and quality improvement tools.
• Plan, lead and conduct internal quality systems audits and report findings and recommendations.
• Administer the Corrective and Preventive Action Program.
• Develop, establish and document needed quality assurance processes into procedures and instructions as necessary.
• Identify, implement, drive and provide support to continuous quality improvements, internal and external
• Provide quality reports, analysis and recommendations.
• Perform Internal Quality System Audits.
• Provide support in the documentation, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the company’s quality management system and ISO 9001 requirements.
B. Eng or B.Sc in the Sciences.
A higher qualification is an advantage.
• Project based experience on an ISO 9001 QMS implementation, in a role providing leadership in production or project-oriented activities such as planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating.
• Related position on Business Process Improvement/Redesign and Operational Efficiency initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience in defining business processes, training and change management.
• Ability to develop reliable project timelines and deliver against established timelines.
• Working independently
• Analytical, written, and verbal skills
• Ability to work directly with, interact and effectively communicate with all levels of employees, manager and consultants with varying degrees of business and technical experience.
• Performing operational and technical assessments and creating detailed roadmaps.
• Vendor management skills
• Proficient in using MS Project, Word and Excel.
• Experience setting up and maintaining project oriented collaboration site.
• Cross-functional or multi-disciplinary team management
A minimum of five years working experience in quality management preferably in a continuous process manufacturing environment or in the oil & gas industry with
• Excellent knowledge and experience in implementing and maintaining quality management
• Proficiency in implementing ISO 9001 quality management system requirements.
• Very good knowledge of quality improvement tools and techniques.
Job Type: Full time
Job Category: Technical
Job Location: Port Harcourt
Job Closing Date: 5/01/2012