JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information & Technology
CLOSING DATE: May 9, 2012
LOCATION: Head Office, Lagos
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Enterprise Systems Administrator, as part of the Technical Support Team, supervises system administrator, provides technical support, systems administration, network planning and implementation to the users
• Performs administrative and supervisory and work necessary to manage the Infrastucture unit’s Information Technology Department.
• Ensures that all user department operations are enhanced by applying the most appropriate computer technology.
• Exercise supervision over system administrators.
• Plans upgrade / implementation schedules on a weekly basis in response to long term projects and short term high priority projects.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
• Manage enterprise operating system environment which include Windows, Unix, Linux
• Manage Enterprise Systems (Messaging, Colloboration, Sharepoint, ISA)
• Establishes and maintains diverse data communications links, VPN connections and remote access needs.
• Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating system management; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
• Manage SAN storage environment.
• Plan IT service continuity / disaster recovery for critical systems services
• Work to ensure that the department meet and exceeds user expectations as regards system services in line with SLAs.
• Secure system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing backups; maintaining documentation.
• Establishes system specifications by conferring with coworkers; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
• Use system monitoring tools to proactively manage the servers and storage.
• Ensure adequate system documentation
• Provide technical consulting on acquisition of hardware and software, including configuration, troubleshooting and enhancement
• Manage suppliers in the server and storage supply chain
• Collaborate effectively with peers in IT and other departments
• Installs, configures, tests, and maintains hardware including personal computers, servers, printers, and other peripherals.
• Manage Windows Citrix environment
• Providing End-User training
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Infrastructure Manager from time to time
• 1st degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related area.
• 5 years cognate work experience, in a reputable organization/Institution