We are currently looking for a top talented Nigerian to join our Exploration and Production Team for all Engineering activities of the company.
To support maximization of our existing assets and the pursuit of our business expansion agenda, we seek a talented, enthusiastic, innovative and multi-tasking individual as Senior Reservoir Engineer
LOCATION: LAGOS, NIGERIA
DATE POSTED: 3RD MAY 2012
CLOSING DATE: 16TH MAY 2012
Reports To: Production/Petroleum Engineering Manager
The role comprises of undertaking and leading reservoir engineering studies and providing peer & mentorship support to colleagues and new-Hire engineers.
A Senior Reservoir Engineer will have considerable experience and may be recognized as a peer expert internally.
1. Carry out reservoir engineering studies independently.
- Develop reservoir engineering workflows.
- Manage reservoir engineering projects and lead the reservoir engineering element of integrated projects.
- Provide reservoir engineering peer review/assist to Synergize projects within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Support the development of less experienced Reservoir Engineers.
- To monitor initial production rates to ensure wells are brought in and produced at optimum rates.
- To prepare a detailed program for DST analysis or Production Well Test studies, and execute same on the rig.
- To scope, manage and/or carry out complex reservoir engineering analyses independently.
- Minimum of 2nd Class Honors University degree in Engineering or a Science Discipline such as Geology, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in Reservoir Engineering.
- An MSc in Petroleum Engineering or Reservoir Engineering would be an advantage.
- Good problem-solving skills, an ability to solve unusual problems and able to tap into expert resources across the organization and professional community.
- Competence in the key reservoir engineering skill areas with capability in one or more specialist skill areas.
- Must have an appreciation and understanding of the full cycle of oil field development with a working knowledge of integrated projects, uncertainty, risk and oilfield economics.
- Independent application of key and specialist reservoir engineering skills.
- Capable of independent work and management of reservoir engineering projects.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver technical presentations.
- Ability to mentor and coach less-experienced Reservoir Engineers to a high technical standard.
- Ability to follow through on an assignment to completion with unreserved recognition for stewardship.
- Well organized individual with strong interpersonal skills and good attention to details without losing sight of the overview and with ability to work to deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs (Microsoft Word Format) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday 16th May 2012.
Email subject title should be ‘Senior Reservoir Engineer – SA003’.