Prof. Ruqayyatu Ahmed Rufa’i could not hold back tears as she signed the condolence registers of 5 staff of the National Universities Commission (NUC), who were all onboard the ill-fated DANA airplane.
“It is a deep loss not only to NUC and the ministry but the whole country. These people were dedicated and highly committed individuals in active service. We pray Nigeria does not experience such tragedy again,” Ruqayyatu said on Monday.
The five NUC staff onboard the DANA plane are:
- Professor Celestine Onwuliri, former Vice-chancellor of the Federal University of Technology
- Sonny Ehioghae, Deputy Director Establishment and Staff matters
- Arc. Chinwe Obi, Deputy Director Facilities and Infrastructure
- Mahmud Dukawa, Deputy Director Treasury
- Mrs. Memuna Shaibu of the Open and Distance Education (ODE) department