The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE), Federal University of Technology Akure, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates into the Pre-Degree Science (PDS) Programme of the University for the 2012/2013 Academic Session
ADMISSIONS WILL BE INTO THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS:
i. School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology (SAAT)
ii. School of Engineering and Engineering Technology (SEET)
iii. School of Earth and Mineral Sciences (SEMS)
iv. School of Environmental Technology (SET)
v. School of Management Technology (SMT)
vi. School of Sciences (SOS)
Candidates should possess WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB at not more than two sittings with a minimum of Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics and any two of the following subjects relevant to their discipline: Chemistry, Biology/Agric. Science, Economics, and Geography. Credit pass in Economics is compulsory in the School of Management Technology.
Candidates for Pre-Degree Science Programme must perform to a satisfactory level in a Computer-Based qualifying test to be conducted on Thursday, 1st and Friday 2nd November, 2012 at 9:00 am at the e-Test Centre, Federal University of Technology, Akure, Ondo State.
Candidates are expected to visit the website of the Federal University of Technology, Akure www.futa.edu.ng. for the results of the qualifying test as from Monday 12th November, 2012.
The programme is full-time, residential and will run for one academic session of Two (2) Semesters.
REGISTRATION AND COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES:
Screening and registration of successful candidates begin on Monday, 19th November, 2012 while lectures commence on Monday, 3rd December, 2012. Candidates who successfully complete the programme and meet the cut-off mark for the course applied for as determined by the University Admission Committee as well as meet the JAMB cut-off mark would be admitted into 100 level of the University undergraduate degree programme in relevant discipline.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
1. Candidates are to pay application fee of ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) excluding bank charges on e-transact platform in any bank that is on e-transact platform.
2. Candidates are to complete and print the PDS Application Form online after payment by logging on to the Federal University of Technology, Akure’s website www.futa.edu.ng and click on the online PDS Application Form.
3. Submit the Online application form and print out a copy.
4. The application opens on Monday, 9th July, 2012 and closes on Friday, 26th October, 2012.
5. All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the e-test venue:
- Depositor’s copy of bank teller(s) indicating payment of TEN THOUSAND NAIRA (N10,000.00) Application Fee in candidates name.
- Completed Application Form (downloaded from the FUTA website).
- e-test scheduling slip which must contain a registration number.
- Copy of e-transact receipt obtained from the bank.
b. The venue of e-test exercise is the Electronic Test Centre (eTC) “Obakekere Campus” Federal University of Technology, Akure.
c. Candidates are NOT allowed to bring cell phones or electronic gadget(s) into the e-test hall.
d. Any candidate who fails to present himself/herself for the computer based e-test will NOT be considered for admission.
e. Candidates are requested in their own interest to have a feel of (practice) the computer based test by visiting http://test.jketc.net .
f. The underlisted helplines could be contacted for clarification on issue bordering on the e-test: 08164487268; 07052976224 and 08165661045.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
All completed online application forms with the required relevant documents should be submitted to www.futa.edu.ng not later than Friday, 26th October, 2012.