Job Title: Senior Manager:Enterprise Quality Assurance & Test
Department: Information Systems
- Design, execute and maintain a Quality Assurance and Test Management strategy across all areas of the ISG business, including the necessary definition, development and deployment of quality assurance strategies that align with overall
MTNN business objectives
- DvelopDevelop and manage quality assurance and test metrics for performance improvement of all project deliverables/teams
- Implement ongoing quality improvement processes across all ISG areas:
- Develop and manage practices to raise quality during solution/product deployment such as: continuous integration, reviews, automated code testing tools (eg: static analysis tools)
- Develop or/ specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine solution /product quality or release readiness
- Create testing programs that address areas such as API and database impacts, software scenarios, performance testing, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability testing
- Develop and manage practices to ensure quality throughout all phases of deployment including requirements, design, and right through the test phases in all systems
- Evaluate and enhance ALall L QA standards, technologies and approaches
- Identify deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
- Ensure QA standards are met and report on compliance (including performance against QA Management plan, business KPIs and client KPQPs & SLAs)
- Manage the planning and execution cycle of product testing efforts to meet committed delivery dates:
- Develop and implement test schedules and processes for components, performance, system , and documentation, ensuring adequate resources ensuring
- adequate resources
- Develop status reports based on test completion/ findings and communicate these to team leaders, including any impact on the overall project plan
- Anticipate program release problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed , to resolve and achieve commitments
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, and potential problems
- Ensure test procedures are well documented to ensure reusability and compliance with standards
- Ensure software defects are documented using a bug tracking system, and defects are to software developers
- Ensure the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools
- Ensure relevant skills development and training are available to all
- Institute effective communication and feedback mechanisms – Clear and effective reporting
- Institute QA and Testing practices that ensures speed of delivery and quality of delivery
•Develop roadmap for ensuring quality in ISG as it impacts the rest of MTNN
•Strategically drive improved Quality of Experience for all MTNN deployments
•Create and Support Quality Management System (QMS) implementation activities
•Drive best Quality and testing best practice, and facilitate the identification of solutions subject to approval of GM Enterprise Services. Lead a team of quality assurance and test engineers responsible for the integration, system, and regression testing of MTNN products/solutions.
•Exercise sound judgment in making Quality and test thoroughness versus time-to-market tradeoff decisions.
•Organize and coordinate testing efforts for dozens of simultaneous projects.
•Ensure that qualitative approach to solutions/product release. Ensure it is sufficiently tested
•Drive Test Automation strategy .Design and implement manual and automated testing.
•Support the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations that affect ISG and MTNN as whole.
•Keep current with new technologies and techniques across the Telecoms/ICT space
Job Conditions: Normal MTNN working conditions.
Reporting To: GM,Enterprise Services
•First degree in Economics or any IT field.
•Post Graduate degree dégrée in a relevant fieldfield is desirable
•Professional Certification (PMP/, ITIL, ISEB).
•Post Graduat dégrée in a relevant field is desirable
•Project Management Certification (Prince 2/PMP)
•Minimum of 12 years experience in Information systems Quality Management and Testing or a similar role which must
•of which must include a minimumMinimum of 5 years management experience within the same field.
•6 years experience in information and communication technology (ICT) preferably in the Telecommunications or a related industry
•Experience of using Test Management and Automation tools
•Solid experience defining and implementing strategic QA and Test plans across all areas of the business : solution or product development, systems architecture, testing, client support and/ or ICT
•Demonstrated experience improving deployment practices to raise quality such as: continuous integration, code coverage analysis, code reviews, code quality tools, automated code testing tools (eg: static analysis tools)
•Experience managing testing throughout the SDLC ( unit testing, System Integration testing, performance testing, UAT, etc)
•Demonstrated experience administrating QA metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria
•Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (waterfall, iterative, agile)
•Thorough knowledge of testing and quality assurance within the UNIX and Windows environments and relational database design & use including SQL and other open source technologies
Employment Status : Permanent
First degree in Economics or any IT field. Post Graduate degree dgre in a relevant fieldfield is desirable Professional Certification (PMP/, ITIL, ISEB). Post Graduat dgre in a relevant field is desirable Project Management Certification (Prince 2/PMP)
This vacancy expires on 8/2/2012