Position: BUYER (Bonny Island, Nigeria•REF5Z)
The Job: To source and procure goods and services, in the most efficient and cost effective manner while keeping customers fully appraised of the status of all outstanding orders, and ensure timely delivery of materials.
The successful candidate would amongst others:
- Undertake procurement activities in compliance with Company’s management controls, regarding the acquisition of goods.
- Prepare and issue tender documentation, enquiries and purchase orders.
- Arrange for commercial and technical evaluation of bid, and ensure that purchase orders comply with appropriate specifications, and applicable terms and condition.
- Appraise the market condition both locally and internationally to identify and develop synergies of benefit to the company
- Develop a sound knowledge of supplier base to maximise their contribution to the business in compliance with the company’s local market development policy.
- Assist with registration of new sources of supply including vendor visit where appropriate.
- Ensure timely purchasing commitments to meet customer requirements
- Identify and recommend approprate procurement strategies to minimise acquisition lead times, without compromising service levels
- A BSc/HND in Business Management, Engineering, Accounting, Economics and Finance obtained at a minimum of Second Class Lower Division/ Lower Credit.
- A member/student of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) will be an added advantage .
- 5 years post graduation experience with a least a 2 years in supply management, stock analysis/buying, business analysis and material procurement in reputable company.
- Able to interface and communicate effectively with others in a multi discipline and multi–racial project team.
- Competency in Computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point etc.)
- Closing Date: 13TH JULY 2012