We provide the following services to our Clients in the Global OIl and Gas and Energy Industry:
High level Manpower supply (Consultants) , Recruitment Campaigns for permanent positions , Outsourcing of personnel services.
Job description Capital Projects General Manager
- Develop and set strategies for the planning, design, procurement, contracting and execution of capital projects within the Client’s companies both operated and non-operated
- Build and staff a sustainable capital Projects organisation capable of delivering cost, schedule and quality performance that benchmarks very well with Client’s competitors
- Deliver Capital Projects in accordance with the HSEQ, cost, schedule and operability targets set at the time of FID sanction. Routinely monitor project performance and actively intervene to rectify deviations to plan
- Develop and maintain a capital Projects Management System that sets required quality levels – institute reviews and periodic audits to confirm effective functioning and compliance with Corporate Policies and capital project Standards
- Build effective relations with peers on Excom, the Client’s Board, JV Partners and broader Stakeholders including Regulators (DPR etc), Governments (state and local), Communities and NGO’s drawing on specialist resources within the Company
- Candidates should ideally be Graduate Engineers with subsequent professional accreditation. Formal training / qualifications in Project Management such as PMI would be beneficial.
Requirements Capital Projects General Manager
- Wide experience across capital projects within the upstream life cycle from supporting Business Development in acquisition activities to handover to Operations. This should ideally have been both with Operators and Contractor companies
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work at senior level with Board members, Politicians etc whilst also comfortable with getting stuck into the detail of projects at the site with the front line PMT
- Uncompromising on delivering capital Projects to high standards holding all involved to account for their responsibilities and targets
- Familiarity with establishing and effectively operating Project Management systems
- An understanding and appreciation of the sub-surface, drilling and operations disciplines and how they interact with facilities projects.
- Commercially astute and adept at establishing contractual arrangements and involvement in negotiations to resolve issues.
- Prior Nigerian experience is desirable but as a minimum should have prior oil and gas experience in Africa or other comparable developing regions. Must be have highly developed cultural sensitivity and able to create an open and inclusive working environment.
Terms & Conditions Capital Projects General Manager
For this position preference will be given to Nigerian Nationals. In case expatriate candidates are selected, it is a prerequisite he/she is tasked to mentor and train a Nigerian understudy.
Publication end date