1. Funke Ayotunde Akindele is the 2nd from a family of four (4) Children, three girls and a guy.
2.She was born in 1976 in Ikorodu ,Lagos.
3. She started her education at Grace Children Schools Gbagada, after which she completed her secondary education at Lagos State Model College, Igbokuta.
4. She’s a graduate, with a Diploma in Mass Communication from Moshood Abiola Polytechnic and a Degree in Law from the University of Lagos
5. She first came to the limelight in I Need To Know, as Bisi.The soap was sponsored by the United Nations Population Fund.
6. In 2009 she won the African Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
7. She is married to Married to Alhaji Kehinde Almaroof , who has 6 children with his first wife.