GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies We have a challenging and inspiring mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
With a firm foundation in science, we discover, develop, manufacture and distribute prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Job Title: Category Manager, Africa – Antinfectives
Location – Town / City Ilupeju-Lagos
Location – Country Nigeria
Reporting To (Job Title) BGx Com Dev Mgr Africa
Type of position Permanent
• To develop and establish Regional Marketing strategies necessary to drive assigned GSK ASPEN Antinfectives category to achieve set objectives and targets. The role will therefore support LOC sales, marketing & business development strategies in achieving set goals and providing expert support in developing promotional campaigns.
• To launch brands, drive sales and coordinate business development process for assigned portfolio.
• To develop an annual marketing plans and strategies in conjunction with GSK local operating companies (LOC) commercial team and ASPEN commercial team.
• Drive sales of all BGx Brands in Africa
• Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, return on investment and profit-loss projections.
• Drive New Chemical Entities & 2nd Brands Strategy in Africa
• Design and develop promotional materials centrally and ensure that all adaptations and implementation are in line with the GSK ASPEN collaboration goals and objectives.
• Build relationship with cross-functional teams of internal customers within SSA markets e.g. marketing research, medical, regulatory, demand management, etc to ensure an optimal mix of the key elements for the success of all brands in the portfolio.
• Review brand strategy periodically with inputs from, LOCs to exploit positive changes in environment or to effectively manage constraints to its implementation for the achievement of brand / portfolio objectives.
• Manage product life cycle within assigned portfolio and constantly review such opportunities existing in SSA with LOC commercial team.
• Effectively manage medical, regulatory and marketing information on brands and ensure that such information is in line with international promotional and marketing code and GSK global policy.
• To work with LOC’s in developing product launch plans.
• Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing profits.
• Deliver value added services to customers using and conduct customer needs assessment, meet quality standards for services, and evaluate customer satisfaction & implement improvement areas.
• Use sales forecasting & strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of brands, analyzing business developments and monitor market trends.
• Bachelor of Pharmacy degree with at least 5 years commercial experience.
• Experience in Antinfectives (AI) portfolio will be an added advantage
• Other functional experience within GSK will be an added advantage
• Experience in Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) & ability to speak French & Portuguese will confer an advantage
• BGx Product/Technical knowledge including disease knowledge.
• Channel Management Skills with emphasis on Pharmacy channels.
• Strong Communication, Time, Motivation & territory management skills.
• Effective speaking & persuasion Skills.
• Monitoring, judgment & decision making skills
• Project Management Capabilities.
• Brand Building and Market Development Skills.
• Sales & Marketing Management skills.
• Coordination & service orientation ability.
• New Product Development Skills.
• Financial Acumen and Strategic Management Skills