|Business Segment:||Energy – Oil & Gas|
|About Us:||GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging and plastics, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. Oil & Gas, part of GE’s Infrastructure business, is a world leader in advanced technology turbo machinery products and services, with engineering and manufacturing centers of excellence throughout Europe and the United States. We offer complete one-stop solutions for production, LNG, transportation, storage,|
refineries, petrochemical and distribution systems, as well as total pipeline integrity solutions including analysis and pipeline asset management. Oil & Gas products include gas and steam turbines, compressors, turbo-expanders, pumps, valves, reducing and metering systems, fuel dispensers and steering tools for drilling and exploration.
|Posted Position Title:||Nigeria Service Manager|
|Function Segment:||Field Services|
|U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:|
|Role Summary/Purpose:||The Nigeria Service Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.|
|Essential Responsibilities:||-Establish outstanding level of quality in execution phase,taking the ownership of the site activities|
-Execution and implementing the procedure described in QMS for Operation Excellence.
-Manage and report the EHS issues to the EHS manager.
-Ensure that all ground rules and guidelines are properly followed
– Lead the growth strategy for development of the field service organization in Nigeria (ie. Hiring plan and number of resources, training plan, logistic, Direct Hires Vs Fresh Graduates, technical support need, planning etc.)
-Establish relationship with local suppliers selecting local Manpower / tooling / consumable / equipment.
– Develop local talent, assuring the achievement of O&G FSEs Certification, develop training plan to enhance the technical competency, assign and mobilize the resources on time and in compliance with immigration regulations in other countries
-Interact with other Africa SM and with FSEs Assignment COE in HQ to support the global FSEs demand and guarantee the assignment of adequate and appropriate skills.
– Support the Nigerian Field Coordinator and Expat FSEs for all the logistic (ie: guest house, pick up, transfer, Visa application in country if applicable, etc…)
– Maximize the FSEs utilization; manage the budget to minimize the hourly cost,playing a proactive role to increase the productivity and to identify area of further improvements.
– Interact with Local Finance team to track and report properly the cost of Field Service Nigeria.
– Support the Project Manager in the execution of Field service & Installation activities for On Call and Turn Key projects across TurboMachinery, CSA, Solutions and Core P&L’s.
|Qualifications/Requirements:||– Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications|
– Five years or more of experience in managing workforce
– Excellent Project Management Skills
– Demonstrable skill in resource planning and cost analysis
– Strong EHS mindset
– Excellent leadership and motivational skills
– Ability to work at all levels of the organization and cross functionality
– Fluent in English language
– Proven financial acumen
-Willingness and ability to travel within assigned region
|Additional Eligibility Qualifications:|
|Desired Characteristics:||– Experience in Installation and field service activities of the following equipment: – Installation of New Turbo Machinery – Heavy-duty gas turbines module overhaul – Centrifugal compressors overhaul – Reciprocating compressors overhaul – Steam turbines casings, nozzles and accessories overhaul – Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt (GE Employees Only) – Technical or operations background – Previous technical Advisor experience – Training experience.|