Guinness Nigeria Plc is recruiting Technical Operator, Supply – Benin, Edo State.
Title: Technical Operator, Supply
Location: Benin, Edo State
Type of Job: Permanent
Reports To: Shift Manager
Context/Scope: Technical Operators maintain and operate the key production and utility plant in the operating breweries of Guinness Nigeria Plc. In Brewing and Packaging they report to an appropriate Shift Manager, while in Engineering and Utilities they report to the Production Services Engineer. Brewer.
Dimensions: Financial The financial scope of the role includes the production of over 1.5 million hectolitres of beer in final package at an annual value of over N1.6billion.
Market Complexity In general works in accordance with Standard Operating Practice (SOP) as applicable in his/her designated role. Maintains his/her plant in terms of output, hygiene and maintenance, with periodic specialist support as required. In the event of plant breakdown, depending on the nature of the same, either restores the status quo or works with specialists to return to the status quo.
Leadership Responsibilities The role holder ensures adequate coverage of shift, showing absolute support for colleagues as well as good team spirit. Purpose of Role To deliver the required output from his designated area of responsibility.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Works in accordance with SOP. Responsible for ensuring he/she is in full familiarity with the required procedures.
- Works safely, taking care of him/herself and those around them.
- Acts as a strongly contributing member of a team, supporting colleagues and manager to achieve team objectives.
- Ensuring good house-keeping/hygiene at all times
Qualifications and Experience Required
- OND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering as applicable or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years experience in Food Industry would be added advantage.
- Barriers to Success in Role.
- Inability to influence colleagues and associates
- Inability to work in a disciplined manner, following designated procedures
Application closes 21 September, 2012
Click here to apply